PDA

View Full Version : Casual nights

dtootsie42
08-06-2016, 12:36 PM
So we pretty much figured out what we should take and wear on formal and semi-formal nights but what do people wear on casual nights? A friend said she always wears shorts on casual night but that almost seems to casual. Can anybody share their experience? Thanks :mickey:

DizneyRox
08-06-2016, 12:52 PM
Disney doesn't enforce dress code for the most part, so I wouldn't sweat it unless you really want to dress up.

Just got off the Fantasy and every night was casual night for us. Casual being shorts (not swim trunks) and a washed shirt. Didn't feel the least bit out of place, and was not the most under dressed even on what they called formal night. With airline e restrictions what they are (baggage charges, etc) I pack minimally and don't fret one bit.

Basket Mommy
08-06-2016, 05:22 PM
I take a knit skirt and casual shirt with sandals. I try to use simple pieces that don't wrinkle easily and can be mixed and matched so I don't have to pack too much. We drive, but there are 6 of us who have to take a suitcase, so we try to pack as lightly as possible (with 3 women in the family, that's an achievement!) There is a dress code, but Disney doesn't ban people from the dining room if they're not dressed "right". I like to dress according to the dress code, though. I rarely dress up at home, so I like to look nice when I'm on the ship. Makes it feel more special, and it makes a nice family photo. With 4 kids, it's rare that we're all dressed up and looking photo-worthy!