PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Rebels Interactive Adventure Begins 8/15/16 at Walt Disney World

Figment!
08-03-2016, 07:55 PM
The Walt Disney World resort has announced a new premium interactive experience launching 8/15/16:

Are your rebels longing to defeat the Empire? It’s time to embark on a rebel adventure!

Imagine your rebels walking up to the resort room door to discover an Imperial recruitment banner. The Empire was there! Once inside, they'll discover the Rebel Alliance has infiltrated the room, leaving gear and tech to help on a secret mission for the Rebellion. Through augmented reality on their smartphone, Ezra Bridger (from the hit TV series, Star Wars Rebels) guides them on an undercover mission. Slipping on the included Imperial Security Officer disguise, they’ll head to Star Tours®-The Adventures Continue attraction where hidden data they’re carrying will be transmitted in hyperspace. Once the mission's completed, they'll be directed to their resort room to unlock a mysterious box holding a rebel medal of honor, like the one in the film Star Wars: A New Hope.

BEFORE PURCHASE: For phone details, see this mission brief.
1. On iPhone® search the App Store® or on AndroidTM smartphone search Google PlayTM
2. Search 'Star Wars Disney'
3. Select and install the Star Wars app
4. If the app installs, further instructions will be received with this adventure

Plan your theme park visit. Rebels will need to ride Star Tours®-The Adventures Continue attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. Theme park tickets and FastPass selections not included.

The new premium experience is priced at $499.99.

The experience may be purchased at the through the Walt Disney World Gift Department:

http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/product/star-wars-rebels-interactive-adventure.do

buzznwoodysmom
08-03-2016, 08:06 PM
That price!!!! Has Disney lost its mind!!!

BrerGnat
08-03-2016, 09:09 PM
Is that a typo? $500???? That cannot be right. They would have to include the smartphone for that to be reasonable.

mrte62
08-03-2016, 10:14 PM
And Theme Park admission ticket is not included ......

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-03-2016, 10:19 PM
That is silly! $500? What is that medal made of?

NewDVCowner
08-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Good grief! I nearly choked when I saw that price. You have got to be kidding me!

Figment!
08-04-2016, 07:30 AM
It is implied that part of the heavy price tag is the merchandise valued at $348.80.

The breakdown of the individual merchandise prices per the Walt Disney World gift department is as follows:

Rebel Data Card Lanyard $9.99
Imperial Security Cap $24.95
Imperial Security Rank Magnet $9.99
Imperial Security Satchel $29.99
Personalized Rebel Utility Blanket $28.99
Empire Recruitment Posters $33.99
LED Empire Door Banner $81.99
Kanan’s Lightsaber $24.95
Personalized Medal of Bravery $53.99
Holocron $27.99
Star Wars Rebel Journal $17.99
Rebel Diversion Tattoos $3.99

Still a high price by comparison to other available park or dining expereinces, but the merchandise, plus the two Resort Room set-ups, plus a likely restriction in Supply appear to be how they arrived at the listed price point.

TheDuckRocks
08-04-2016, 10:20 AM
:crazy:

baldburke
08-04-2016, 11:25 AM
That can't be right?!?!? The price is posted outside the Disney description. What's the source of the price?

Figment!
08-04-2016, 01:23 PM
That can't be right?!?!? The price is posted outside the Disney description. What's the source of the price?

The price is on the ordering page linked at the bottom of the original post.

#1donaldfan
08-05-2016, 12:40 PM
OM Goodness !!!! You have to be kidding me !!??!! 500$ for that stuff ?? At that price the medal should be made of gold and the lightsaber cut through steel ... that is CRAZY !!!

WiltonJohn
08-06-2016, 06:15 PM
So look at general demographics and what is happening in the country (and many other countries). It is no secret that the very rich are getting way richer, and control a vast majority of the assets. The middle is losing ground day by day. (The poor could never afford Disney World or Disneyland to start with.) So "follow the money" as a planner and marketer. $500 bucks a pop is "pocket change" to the 1% type folks. This price would not phase them for a "cool" experience for their kids. Nor would the prices that other premier Disney products are getting priced at.

I think this is the future trend. Exclusive perks and offerings that allow the very wealthy to have great experience that the mere middle class will never have. Exclusivity. Prestige. (Akin to Gucci bags and the like.)

There is money to be had there and they are seeing if they can tap into it. It's a business. If you are not in that truly upper bracket... you can certainly not like it, for sure. But Disney is not stupid.

Hopefully there will still be something left for the middle folks that is worth it. I can't believe that they will totally abandon that broader market. But I think the definition of that "middle" likely will rise to higher discretionary spending level folks than it was in the past.

We'll see.

best,

..................john

Drachengeist
08-23-2016, 01:28 PM
Kind of reminds me of the hucksters that come around trying to sell you "steak" out of the back of their trucks. "See mister potential customer, it all works out to $5.95 a pound... for steak. No you cant buy rib eyes only, you have to take the whole package whether you want our over priced/processed chicken and hamburgers or not. "
$30 "utility blanket", $82 Empire door banner, and $34 "Empire recuitment posters. <cough Cough> I am not sure what the whole experience winds up being but the picture provided makes it look like a jumped up version of Kim-Possible.

Goes4FastPass
08-23-2016, 03:05 PM
That price!!!! Has Disney lost its mind!!!
I think WDW HASDECIDED THAT WHEN IT COMES TO A wdw vaction, fmilies are willing to splurge.splurge, splurge.

LifeislikeaHurricane
09-02-2016, 11:12 AM
Limited supply will always increase the $$$. $385 in Star Wars toys is excessive for any child. There's limited overhead here so marketing must be confident they can sell out the small quantity for the experience.

If people end up paying it...just like anything else if no one utilizes the experience they will drastically change the experience, but it is listed as premium so just have to laugh and shake your head and move on. On the flip side from experience standpoint, even in Disney, there's a lot better you can do with $500.

baldburke
09-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Just curious...has anyone's children done this yet?