PDA

View Full Version : Maximizing a Long Weekend

baldburke
08-03-2016, 02:09 PM
In February 2017 we're doing an impromptu long weekend for DD's sweet 16 at BLT. She'd like to do MK, Epcot and Disney Springs. It's the first weekend of February and we should be on property before noon Friday but ready for DME by 1pm Sunday. MK closes at 8pm and Epcot closes at 9pm both nights of the stay. We only want to do two single day passes. What are your suggestions for how to make the most of our time?

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Although it would depend on extra magic hours, and if she loves MK or Epcot more, but I'm thinking of Epcot on the Friday, MK on the Saturday (even though it will be BUSY!!!) and Disney Springs before leaving on the Sunday.

If she's a real Epcot girl, then I would flip MK and Epcot.

Arielfan98
08-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Although it would depend on extra magic hours, and if she loves MK or Epcot more, but I'm thinking of Epcot on the Friday, MK on the Saturday (even though it will be BUSY!!!) and Disney Springs before leaving on the Sunday.

If she's a real Epcot girl, then I would flip MK and Epcot.

I would have to agree. Since EPCOT is open later, it'd be wise to do that on the non-full day (Friday). Plus, in my opinion, there's more to do at MK than EPCOT and you'll definitely need a full day for MK. Although it will be crowded, if you time everything right and get FP+ you should be ok. Of course, as ibelieve said, if your daughter is a huge EPCOT fan then switch. Doing some last minute shopping at DS is a great idea!

baldburke
08-04-2016, 11:35 AM
Thanks all! That sort of confirmed our thoughts as well. Generally speaking, how early do the shops at Disney Springs open on a Sunday? In looking at the Disney website they don't give any direct times for Disney Springs.

Arielfan98
08-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Thanks all! That sort of confirmed our thoughts as well. Generally speaking, how early do the shops at Disney Springs open on a Sunday? In looking at the Disney website they don't give any direct times for Disney Springs.

I checked the official DS website and it says the hours for DS are 10am-12am, however it does state every retailer opens its doors at different hours. It also recommends you call each store individually to ask when each shop opens.
https://www.disneysprings.com/hours/