PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk resort parking question

MCeee
08-02-2016, 10:09 AM
We have a trip planned for mid-September, and we have decided to drive our vehicle. We will be registered guests at Boardwalk Villas. Recently I heard of some parking issues we may have while there. Something about... "due to limited parking at the Boardwalk, some guests may be required to use only valet parking."

My question is... does that apply only to guests visiting the Boardwalk, or actual registered guests of the resort? I probably won't be needing my vehicle that much, but I don't want to be required to use valet when I do. Perhaps they say this because they don't want those who tend to hedge the truth about visiting the Boardwalk just so they can park there and go to Epcot.

Has someone experienced anything related to this?

Thanks,
Mitchell

missymouseworld
08-02-2016, 02:57 PM
We drove to WDW this past Memorial Day week and stayed at BWV and never had a problem with parking our suv. It was a holiday week and we used our vehicle a couple times and always had parking spots.

Arielfan98
08-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Not too sure, but I think you have to have a dining reservation at any of the Boardwalk restaurants in order to park there, since that's the new rule at most resorts. If not, they should implement that. When I visited the Boardwalk via car in 2008/2009 we did valet.

faline
08-02-2016, 06:03 PM
We stayed at Boardwalk a few years ago. Parking was tight but we always managed to find a spot to park our car without needing to resort to valet service. I've seen that same message associated with the Beach Club recently.

buzznwoodysmom
08-02-2016, 10:56 PM
In June we weren't even allowed to valet at Yacht Club! The CM at the guard shack told me that due to it being extremely busy he couldn't allow me in to park. I asked if I could valet and he said that valet was full. This was around noon and the place didn't appear to be very busy. I had my son drop me off, make a loop and come back and pick me up. I only needed to run into the gift shop for something.

MCeee
08-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Okee dokee... Just to clarify for any who missed it... we will be registered guests at BWV.

buzznwoodysmom
08-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Okee dokee... Just to clarify for any who missed it... we will be registered guests at BWV.

Oh yeah, I missed that part! Lol.