PDA

View Full Version : Pop century vs all stars movies

janm8144
07-31-2016, 01:22 PM
Need advice: I currently have reservations for 2 nights preferred room at pop century & I wanted to add a night. None available at pop century preferred room; however, I can get one night at All stars movie(preferred rm) or stay all 3 nights at movie. We are going to Disney for Mickey's not so scary Halloween, mainly, for our 4 yo grandson. Not sure what to do & asking for others opinions. Thank you.

Itchy
07-31-2016, 02:36 PM
I love Pop Century, but on the same note I really like All Star Movies as well. If it were me I would stay at movie's because of the time you would lose in the parks while moving.

Movies has some great theming that your grandson would enjoy. The bus service has improved in the past few years so that should not be a big issue.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

Basket Mommy
07-31-2016, 04:08 PM
I've never stayed at Pop, but I have stayed at ASMovies. It is the last resort of the 3 All Stars to get picked up. In the morning the buses are very crowded by the time they get to Movies. That would be the only reason I'd stay at Pop, which doesn't share its bus with anyone.

brownie
07-31-2016, 04:09 PM
I'd switch over to Movies too, and spend all 3 nights there. We like both, and for a longer trip I'd probably split it between both. With a shorter trip, I'd stick to one resort.

VacationDisney
08-01-2016, 06:15 AM
I would pick Movies over Pop just to avoid the move. Have stayed at both. Like them both. As mentioned by Basket Mommy you do share buses and you might want to keep that in mind.

janm8144
08-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Thanks, for all the input. Glad to hear all the positive remarks about Movies. I decided to keep Pop & just one night at Movies. this way we get to stay at 2 different resorts! I've been looking at Pop & planning on it so long, it was hard to give it up. I know moving isn't ideal, but we are just planning on doing the Halloween party on Tues. night, so moving shouldn't cut into parks time. The closer it gets the more I wanted to extend our stay & with Fla residence offer, I couldn't resist! And it does gives us an option to add an activity.

Arielfan98
08-01-2016, 11:56 AM
Here's the biggest con to both places:

1. If you stay at ASMovies all 3 days, you'll end up waiting a long time for the buses and it'll be a disaster at the end of the night. So if you intend on using the bus service, keep this in mind. Not to mention ASMovies is the very last stop for the AS hotels.

2. Moving the last day will cost you time in the park.

So you must decide which option is best for your family. I personally would stay at ASMovies all 3 nights because at least you'll be losing some time to get home once the park is closed.

mickeyman42
08-10-2016, 02:37 PM
I would stay the entire time at one resort. the values are not different enough (IMHO) to warrant changing resorts part way through.

Crow
08-19-2016, 06:21 PM
Thanks, for all the input. Glad to hear all the positive remarks about Movies. I decided to keep Pop & just one night at Movies. this way we get to stay at 2 different resorts! I've been looking at Pop & planning on it so long, it was hard to give it up. I know moving isn't ideal, but we are just planning on doing the Halloween party on Tues. night, so moving shouldn't cut into parks time. The closer it gets the more I wanted to extend our stay & with Fla residence offer, I couldn't resist! And it does gives us an option to add an activity.

good choice. i change resorts a lot. in fact next month we will be at 4 diff ones in a week. Pop the last 2 nights cause of the price. I dont really like allstarts, but ive stayed there due to price a few times. enjoy the trip

Isabella
08-20-2016, 04:26 PM
Great idea! We started to do split stays last year, after I swore we never would, and it is so easy on property! Just call the night before to Bell service for a scheduled pick up of a time your choosing, then go off and have a merry time! When you get to your new resort, just call down to bell service and they will bring your luggage to your room. That is the only down side we have seen, you must be in your room to get your luggage. But it has never been a long wait for us. I know others have had some nightmare transfers, but we have always had smooth sailing!
Have a great time with your grandson! We are going with our 4 year old Grandson 9/29-10/2 at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We will be coming from one night at All Star Movies and three nights at Beach Club, then on 10-2 going to the Poly for six days!

1DisneyNut
08-20-2016, 04:52 PM
You made the best choice in my opinion. I despise All Star Movies and also Sports for that matter. The bus waits were horrible when we stayed there, especially Movies. Plus unless they have changed it, the sun is blasting the side of the building in the morning where you wait to catch the bus and it was insanely hot. That may not be as much of an issue in the Fall like it was in the summer but it was really bad. We also just didn't care for the rooms (they are basically cheap comfort in type rooms with some basic theming) and didn't care for the resorts themselves. I would stay anywhere to avoid the All Stars. I would move offsite and drive in for one night to avoid them.