PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express advice please

MCeee
07-30-2016, 10:18 AM
When you think you've asked (or seen here on Icot) every WDW question that could have ever been asked about travel to/from... comes one more.:confused:

Due to a great flight deal we just came across, it will save us a ton of $$ to fly down to Orlando one day before check in (check in is on a Saturday). We will secure a hotel at/near the airport Friday night, shuttle back to the airport Saturday morning then get on our ME bus to our resort on Saturday morning.

First of all, is it okay to do that?
Since our bags leave from our home airport with our Resort tags on them, what happens to them?
Do we have to get them at the airport that first night then bring them back with us to get on ME, or do they sit somewhere at the airport until the next morning?
Do they go one to our resort Friday night where they will be waiting for us when we arrive on Saturday?

Anyone had experience with this? Thanks!!
Mitchell

NewDVCowner
07-30-2016, 10:55 AM
Flying from the west coast I do this all the time. I let them know that's the plan and they just don't put a flight associated with your arriving flight.

You cannot use the luggage tags, though. You'll need to pick up your checked luggage, bring it with you to the airport hotel then bring it with you to the airport. They'll put the luggage under the bus you're on and you'll get it off the bus when you get to your hotel. We them drop the luggage at bell services and were on our way.

Fangorn
07-30-2016, 11:11 AM
We've also done this once or twice, and Aryn is correct.

It's not a big deal except that you will have to collect your own luggage at MCO and schlep it around yourself, all the way to your resort. Doing this on arrival, won't affect anything returning to MCO.

ME is extremely flexible in how and when they get you to/from the airport/resort. Any sort of odd situations I've ever had (and this one isn't odd, BTW) have been quickly and easily dealt with by a phone call to ME.

Steve