PDA

View Full Version : New Muppets Show to Open in Magic Kingdom in October 2016

Figment!
07-28-2016, 09:15 PM
What originally seemed like an odd internet rumour, was publicly announced today.

Disney Parks & Resorts has revealed that a new Muppets Show will be coming to Magic Kingdom's Liberty Square:

The Muppets Are Coming to Walt Disney World Resort This Fall in an All-New Show
Shawn Slater

by Shawn Slater, Senior Communications Manager
Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment
7/28/16

Beginning this fall, the Muppets will be visiting Magic Kingdom Park, where they’ll take part in an all-new live show, “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History.”

Sam Eagle, the fiercely patriotic American eagle who is forever trying to set a high moral standard for the Muppets, will join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, The Great Gonzo and James Jefferson, town crier of Liberty Square, as they gather outside The Hall of Presidents to present historical tales in hysterical fashion as only they can. From the midnight ride of Paul Revere to the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the Muppets appear throughout the day to share with Guests, their own unique take on the founding fathers and the birth of the United States of America.

Featuring an original song and plenty of wacky Muppets humor, “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History” will make its debut in October 2016.

deedee73
07-28-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not seeing the tie in to Liberty Square...somewhere in DHS - sure, but MK - nah. I just don't think of the Muppets as history ambassadors.

baldburke
07-28-2016, 10:19 PM
Great idea but so many questions!

This is going to take place outside the Hall of Presidents, but where specifically? During busy times (almost always) the path between Fantasyland / Liberty Square and Frontier Land is a major thoroughfare with lots of traffic. Otherwise the space in front of HOP, Liberty Tree Tavern and Sleep Hallow doesn't offer much hope either as it is relatively small.

If this going to be akin to the Jack Sparrow show that used to occur by Pirates where people would just gather? I'm assuming these will be full size characters or will they be actual muppets?

Either way...who doesn't love the Muppets? Great news!

VWL Mom
07-29-2016, 07:43 AM
Great idea but so many questions!

This is going to take place outside the Hall of Presidents, but where specifically? During busy times (almost always) the path between Fantasyland / Liberty Square and Frontier Land is a major thoroughfare with lots of traffic. Otherwise the space in front of HOP, Liberty Tree Tavern and Sleep Hallow doesn't offer much hope either as it is relatively small.

Originally I had read that they would appear in the windows above the HoP.

Tekneek
07-29-2016, 05:34 PM
It seems like a good fit to me. I'm glad to see them trying more Muppets stuff out in the parks.

WiltonJohn
07-29-2016, 06:17 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not seeing the tie in to Liberty Square....

Sam the Eagle, of course.

best,

.............john

deedee73
07-29-2016, 06:19 PM
Ok. I'll agree to that.

waymickey
07-31-2016, 06:59 PM
I really don't like the idea and don't see the tie in to liberty square. I just don't think the Muppets belong in MK.

joonyer
07-31-2016, 10:43 PM
I'm sure (well almost, the latest Muppets TV series makes me wonder a little) that the show will be entertaining and funny. But I'm also baffled how these characters fit into Liberty Square, Sam Eagle or not.

RBrooksC
08-01-2016, 09:10 AM
OMG. The posts on this thread are typical. "How does 'fill in the blank' tie into 'designated area'?" You put the Muppets into period clothing and you have them talk about things that happened during Revolutionary Times. You give Sam the Eagle a prominent place and you have a human Town Crier on the street. It sounds like a perfect, fun, show for an area that most people just pass through going from the Haunted Mansion to Splash Mountain/BTMRR.

What's funny is that Peanut's did historical TV cartoon shows as did Archie, with their US of Archie. How is this any different?

TheDuckRocks
08-01-2016, 10:55 AM
I love the Muppets. I really could care less which park they "fit". I'm very much looking forward to their take on Paul Revere. Although it's not on the list I think Washington crossing the Delaware could be a hoot.

SurferStitch
08-01-2016, 12:29 PM
I think the Muppets will make American history very funny and entertaining. I'm looking forward to this!!

brad192
08-06-2016, 07:03 AM
Well...since their show was cancelled by ABC, they need to find something to do...;)

#1donaldfan
08-09-2016, 04:00 PM
I love this idea. I think they are fun and this seems to be a nice, easy way to slow people down and check out the area just a smidge closer. Great idea !!

Mickeydream
08-18-2016, 10:42 PM
Will be in WDW at Thanksgiving and look forward to seeing The Muppets. Should be fun!