PDA

View Full Version : bikes

eeyoremom
07-23-2016, 10:41 PM
We will have bikes with on our next trip. Can we ride our own bikes at resorts, other than the one we are staying at? Can we just drive to a resort, park, get our bikes out and ride around in that resort? I know we can ride in the resort that we are staying at. Thanks

BrerGnat
07-23-2016, 11:44 PM
I am pretty sure you are not allowed to use personal bikes on property except at Ft. Wilderness.

eeyoremom
07-24-2016, 08:39 AM
This is a quote from the official Disney moms site on the Disney website. "Bikes are not prohibited at the Disney resorts. Many of the moderate resorts will have bikes to rent so it might be best to look into that before you bring your own from home. You can rent a bike and/or surrey from the following resorts: Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Fort Wilderness, Polynesian, Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside, Saratoga Springs, and the Yacht Club. These resorts have pathways or areas that are safer to ride then just roads. Please read more about bike rentals HERE.

Please also understand you will need to be responsible to keep your bikes safe while you are not using them. Resort rooms are not big enough to put them inside so locks are a must. It is always best to be safe then sorry no matter where you are "

BrerGnat
07-24-2016, 03:22 PM
Interesting...I recall reading that personal wheeled recreational items were not allowed at resorts. Maybe that only applies to skates, skateboards, and scooters.

LynneM
07-26-2016, 08:56 PM
I would stick to the resorts mentioned in that e-mail. With the exception of the Boardwalk, or some of the resorts that are more like a subdivision like OKW and SSR, it's pretty rare to see guests on bikes.

The trouble with biking around the resorts is that the pathways are usually pretty full of people walking around, kids sitting and playing, etc. I think you'd be pedaling very slowly, and frequently stopping.