PDA

View Full Version : What should I do about adding days?

Hog
07-13-2016, 09:41 PM
So we are going to Florida for 2 weeks, we were originally going to stay at the beach for 1 week and then go to Disney the 2nd week. But now with all this algae business we aren't trying to spend money to goto the beach and not going in the ocean.

Our Disney trip is 7 nights with a free meal per day at Pop Century. We were thinking of upgrading during this trip anyway to annual passes so we could go back in October and next summer. So with all this we were thinking we might as well try to go during the time we were supposed to be at the beach. But I was told I can only upgrade those passes once I have checked into my resort. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? We booked through magical journeys. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Goofy4TheWorld
07-13-2016, 11:27 PM
I don't think there is a clear answer to your problem.

Are you thinking about booking a second Disney reservation for your "week 1" dates that were supposed to be at the beach? Have you inquired about changing the dates for your current Pop Century reservation (although I suspect that free dining may not allow you much flexibility there)? It's possible that you might could change your free dining package reservation to a discounted room-only reservation and be just as well off, but that only works if you are willing to give up the DDP entirely and if there are room-only discounts still available.

Over the years I have read posts where people swear that they got early access to their package tickets prior to the package check-in date, but I don't think it's really done much, if at all, by Disney.

Hog
07-14-2016, 08:50 AM
Yes we want to book extra days during what is supposed to be our beach vacation. We have to keep our current Disney reservation because we are meeting family there during that time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1DisneyNut
07-14-2016, 09:40 AM
I have heard of people arriving early and staying at an off site hotel going over to the WDW resort they will be checking into in a few days and getting their tickets early. I don't know about a week early. However, I would be willing to bet that if you show up at guest services and tell them you had a change in plans and have arrived a week earlier and are willing to start spending money at WDW, they will find a way to make it happen. It may require a supervisor or manager with higher access on the system, but I would just about bet they will make it happen and take your money if you are willing to spend it.

I would call guest services and talk to them. They can be hit or miss so if they aren't sure or just tell you no to get you off the phone, try calling your resort directly and talk to them.