PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

RBrooksC
07-11-2016, 08:14 AM
There is always talk about this attraction to be refurbed, especially the last scene. Now, if they end up having to do a full refurb and the soundtrack needed to be rerecorded, it couldn't be done by Jean Shepherd since he has long since died.

If you could choose a new person to narrate this attraction, who would it be?

For me, the first person to come to mind would be Tom Hanks. He already has a good relationship with the company. He even played Walt Disney in a movie. Is there anybody else that you can think of that would do a good job on this attraction?

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2016, 08:38 AM
I agree Tom Hanks would be great

PopPhan
07-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Gotta say that if there was a full rehab of CoP, I would enjoy Mike Rowe as the narrator. Even though he doesn't have, to my knowledge, any history with Disney, his voice and mannerisms could work well for the attraction.

The most notable names, and unmistakable voices, in narration today are: Mike Rowe, Morgan Freeman and James Earl Jones. Since James Earl Jones is the voice of Darth Vader, I would have to disallow him for CoP. Morgan Freeman could do nicely, but there would have to be a change to the "cast" as well to fit.

The bigger thing, in my mind, would be who would sing the song(s) for the show, and which song(s) would be used. "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" or "The Best Time Of Your Life" or something completely new and different? (Forgive me if the song titles are incorrect, but I think you will all get the gist.)

BrerGnat
07-11-2016, 10:12 AM
Neil Patrick Harris would be a likely contender. Although he is probably too young. Disney loves using him for "hosting" gigs though...

Mickey'sGirl
07-11-2016, 10:15 AM
I think that Tim Allen would be a great fit!

TheHD
07-11-2016, 10:21 AM
It's got to be Norm Macdonald. Every time I watch CoP, I always think of Norm Macdonald, both in the likeness of the character and the voice.

TheDuckRocks
07-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Tom Selleck.

Arielfan98
07-20-2016, 10:30 AM
Or they could keep the last scene, and just change their clothes.

texas211
07-24-2016, 10:55 AM
The songs must stay the same.

They can modernize the last scene with current stuff. Changing cast, or anything too radical, really changes it from Walt Disney's COP to just COP and I'd have less interest.

1DisneyNut
07-24-2016, 11:03 AM
Now everyone knows that if they do a rehab, they will change all the songs to the soundtrack from frozen. I would rather them just leave it alone. lol

texas211
07-24-2016, 06:06 PM
Now everyone knows that if they do a rehab, they will change all the songs to the soundtrack from frozen. I would rather them just leave it alone. lol

That would be funnier, if it wasn't so true/possible.

JerseyDad
07-27-2016, 10:50 PM
....get Jeremy Irons to do the voice-over.

....at least people will pay attention

SBETigg
07-28-2016, 11:53 PM
Yes! I always hear Norm McDonald, too. Very similar voice with a folksy quality. I wouldn't want a high profile, really well-known voice in here but someone who had less celebrity and could pull off the quaint charm. The attraction doesn't need a big name. It needs to keep the heart it has now.

Arielfan98
08-02-2016, 01:30 PM

Let the storm rage on.....new technology never bothered me anyway :funny:

texas211
08-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Let the storm rage on.....new technology never bothered me anyway :funny:

Head on table..

John
08-08-2016, 01:32 PM
Love the suggestions - Mike Rowe, Tim Allen, Tom Sellek!

RAIDER
08-09-2016, 06:24 AM
William shatner, Morgan freeman ,will ferrell

RAIDER
08-09-2016, 06:25 AM
Steve Martin ...but Alec Baldwin would be fun