PDA

View Full Version : Is Norway Movie Still There?

MrPeetrie
07-09-2016, 03:25 PM
I was listening to the podcast today about the new Frozen Attraction in Norway. There wasn't any mention of the Norway movie at ride's end. I was wondering if they kept the movie as some sort of cultural tie-in? If so, has it been updated? Replaced? Or is it gone, too. (Is Frozen playing instead? Lol.)

lindique
07-09-2016, 05:01 PM
I read that the old theater location has now become part of the ride - that's how they were able to make the ride longer. I liked that movie too, as I had gone to that museum.

allgiggles
07-09-2016, 05:35 PM
The movie is no longer part of the attraction. I believe what was the theater is now part of the indoor queue.

VacationDisney
07-09-2016, 06:04 PM
I loved that movie.

DizneyFreak2002
07-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Old theater is now part of the queue... Love the movie? Google Martin Smith Videos.... Man makes some good tribute vids...

disney daddy
07-12-2016, 07:37 AM
I liked the movie too. And I always enjoy the learning portions of my trips to EPCOT. And I liked that it was air conditioned. However, the move was 35 years old and needed to be updated in a bad way.

Anyone see the movie in France lately? Vintage.

Diznee4Me
08-18-2016, 08:33 AM
Looking forward to seeing Frozen but the "Maelstrom" was always on of my favorite rides. Norway is a place I would love to visit and the Nordic scenery of the ride was really amazing and really made you feel like you were there.

MattHolst
09-16-2016, 02:12 PM
My family enjoyed Maelstrom as well. We will miss it. To this day whenever we hear mention of Norway, we immediately all yell "The spirit of Norway!" Family of Disney nerds, what can I say?

MarkC
10-05-2016, 03:50 PM
We actually just took a cruise to Norway a month ago. It is stunningly beautiful and the movie did absolutely no justice to the country. If you ever have a chance, please go. I've visited 29 countries and it is hands down the most beautiful of all. Many others agreed with us. Just google images of Bergen, Giaranger, etc.

So bottom line is I am glad the movie is gone.