PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Resort Installs Portable Power Vending Machines

Figment!
07-09-2016, 10:38 AM
The Walt Disney World resort recently opened 10 FuelRod™ Station portable power pack dispensers across its property.

Here is the Press Release description of the FuelRod™ Station from their pilot program in 2014:

The FuelRod™ Station dispenses kits that include a fully charged compact, rechargeable FuelRod™, a charging cable, and adapters for Android and iOS based mobile devices. The price for a FuelRod kit is $20, and also includes unlimited exchange of used FuelRods for new, fully charged FuelRods, a function that the company refers to as “swapping.” FuelRods can also be recharged at home using a USB outlet or charging device.

About FuelRod

San Diego, California based FuelRod develops efficient and environmentally conscious solutions that provide power for portable and battery operated devices. Founded in 2010, the company offers battery solutions servicing a wide range of product applications from cell phones and tablets, to flashlights and remote control toys. FuelRod keeps power accessible on the go, and keeps batteries out of landfills to support a cleaner more productive planet.

The price for the FuelRod kit at the Walt Disney World stations is $30 and they are located at the following locations:

Magic Kingdom

Big Top Souvenirs--Storybook Circus
Curtain Call Collectibles--Main Street USA
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café--Frontierland
Tomorrowland Light & Power Co.--Tomorrowland

Epcot

Disney Traders--World Showcase, Showcase Plaza

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Celebrity 5 & 10--Hollywood Boulevard

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park

Island Mercantile--Discovery Island

Disney Springs

DisneyQuest--West Side
Marketplace Disney Photo Imaging--Marketplace

ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

ESPN Clubhouse Shop--Champion Stadium

texas211
07-09-2016, 07:58 PM
You can buy similar items for 10 bucks online. Of course you won't be able to swap them out. But you can charge them at night and get 1-2 cell recharges during the day.

If you really want to get fancy, you buy ones for 70 bucks that can even jump start your car.

BrerGnat
07-09-2016, 10:45 PM
You can buy similar items for 10 bucks online. Of course you won't be able to swap them out. But you can charge them at night and get 1-2 cell recharges during the day.

If you really want to get fancy, you buy ones for 70 bucks that can even jump start your car.

Yeah, those Fuel Rods are not so great. They struggle to provide a full charge to a dead phone battery.

Although, the swap it out idea is handy...

I have one that will charge my phone from dead about 4 times. Of course, it's also about 2lbs and the size of a small book. Not super practical for a day in the park. My solution is simply an extra battery.

PopPhan
07-11-2016, 09:21 AM
I have a backup battery that was part of a package deal with my LG G4 last year, plus I have the charge stick from Magical Journeys for booking last year and I have another charge stick that I had anyway....Don't think I'll be using this service, but I can certainly see that there would be those who would.