PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Booking Resort

merciantinkerbell
07-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Hello All! As now back from Jamaica, which I highly recommend for relaxation and sun, I'm now thinking about WDW 2018!! I know it's a long way off but I can't help it. :blush: So, I decide to look at November 2017 to see what prices are like. I do a dummy booking on Disney's site and to my surprise a lot of resorts do not have rooms with roll-in showers available!!!! Have they been booked up already? My understanding is you can't book until 499 days out and as we want last week Nov, first week Dec that's more than 499 days. :confused: Any one any ideas? We'd hate to miss out my birthday trip as we can't book THIS early!

faline
07-06-2016, 08:58 AM
I don't know how many accessible rooms there are. I do know that we were provided with an accessible room on more than one occasion (even though we don't need one) as we had no objection to staying in such a room.

I'd suggest working with Magical Journeys to handle your reservation and to take care of making sure your needs are met.

merciantinkerbell
07-06-2016, 02:22 PM
Unfortunately we live in the UK and can't use Magical Journeys. We were hoping to book direct with Disney and book flights separately to use up some airmiles we're accumulating. Hopefully when can book next year for 2018 all the roll-in shower rooms at POFQ won't be taken. Hoping they're aren't showing as not been released yet.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-06-2016, 08:26 PM
I didn't realize you couldn't use Magical Journeys from the UK, I know they have been great for us here in Canada!

All of the roll-in rooms are not taken for 2018. I just checked for November 2017, and there are still roll-in shower rooms at POFQ. If you want to book a room-only now, and you're not finding what you need on-line, give them a call, especially for specific needs and requests over the phone can be better.

Tink1
07-07-2016, 08:18 AM
Magical Journeys can book people from the UK/Canada/Europe/anywhere using the USA offers.

If you want one of the UK offers, those we cannot book since that is actually a separate company under the Disney umbrella.

But we have clients all over the world.

As far as showing handicapped rooms availability, the system has been quite temperamental the last few weeks and at this point I question if full inventory is actually in the system for that far out.

Nanc

merciantinkerbell
07-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Sorry late saying Thank You to you both ibelieveindisneymagic and Tink 1, glad it's only a glitch. I was looking at 2017 to get idea on price for 2018. My birthday is 29 November which I understand is Thanksgiving time so checking if would cost too much before we start saving and I get excited about Magic Kingdom and Raglan Road for my birthday as hubby suggested.