PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs?

thejens
07-05-2016, 12:19 AM
I am considering taking my nieces along with my family which would bring our total to seven It looks like SS 2 bed villa might be the least expensive option (besides camping!) The theming never appealed to me much, but it looks nicer that OKW. Any thoughts? We'd have our car.

I'd prefer to do Poly villa, but 2000.00 more!

g8rgirl29
07-05-2016, 02:00 AM
SSR is a very nice resort, while the theming isn't very Disney themed it is very tranquil and a nice break from all the hustle and bustle of the busy parks. We have enjoyed our stays there and would definitely stay there again. It is a large resort but since you will have your car that will not be an issue, we have stayed without a vehicle and haven't had any issues if you make requests for areas that best suit your needs. The 2 bdr would have full kitchen, a stacked washer & dryer and two bathrooms which is a plus.

faline
07-05-2016, 07:33 AM
We stayed at Saratoga on one occasion and liked it. While spread out, we had no difficulty walking from our location (which was closer to the Disney Springs side of the resort) to the main buildings. It was also a pleasant walk to Disney Springs. We would definitely stay here again. Actually, I find the layout very similar to Old Key West in that buildings are spread out over a fairly large area. I've stayed at Old Key West several times and would not hesitate to stay at this resort again.

ThanxForNoticin
07-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Given the choice, we would always opt for OKW - much nicer look and feel than SS, with larger rooms. That being said, you shouldn't hesitate to plan a stay at SS. A 2BR villa there is nice.

thejens
07-05-2016, 10:11 PM
What makes OKW nicer than SS?

Hammer
07-06-2016, 01:06 PM

Personally, I like both resorts and give a slight edge to SSR. I like that SSR has 2 feature pools. Both resorts are spread out. Some people prefer OKW as they have very large rooms, the largest of any DVC. As we are a party of 2, the room size isn't really an issue for us.

ThanxForNoticin
07-06-2016, 03:46 PM

We find the rooms to be nicer and larger. Also, and it might not help much, but we like the "feel" at OKW better - more Disney and peaceful for us. And that might just be the location.

But everyone has their own preferences!