PDA

View Full Version : Which week would you choose?

Going2HeavenRU
07-03-2016, 09:01 AM
We are planning a trip for 2017 for 10 days (Thursday through the following Saturday). We are trying to decide if we should go the Thursday after Thanksgiving through the first week of December or the first Thursday in December through the second week.

I think there is some type of junior sports competition the first week of December which is making us wonder if the second week of December may be a better choice.

Any suggestions?

faline
07-03-2016, 10:51 AM
Pop Warner is usually there at the beginning of December. Unless you are staying at one of the same resorts where the cheerleaders and football players stay, their presence has very little impact. I've been a number of times while they are there. If you might be staying at a resort that the participants occupy, you might find it noisier than usual and will also find the food court to be rather crowded.

Simba's Mom
07-03-2016, 01:56 PM
I'd go with option #1 (now you've had one suggestion for each!) Coincidently I've gone both times, and I preferred the first a little better. For one thing, there seemed to be a little "lull" before the Christmas crowds. And for another thing, although I know there aren't guarantees, the time I went with option #2, that week happened to be much colder, so I associate that week with very cold weather.

MNNHFLTX
07-03-2016, 02:40 PM
I think the first option might be a tad less busy, since schools/colleges will still be in session.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-04-2016, 07:22 AM
I would go with the first option too.

Going2HeavenRU
07-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Thank you all very much for your replies! Looks like the first week is it. I just wish it wasn't so far away.