PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen Question

Mad About Mickey
06-28-2016, 06:06 PM
Just booked this for DS 12 and I for our trip in early Dec. DW and DD 9 are going to Cinderella's Royal Castle and DS wanted to skip as we have dined at the castle before and he wanted more ride time and less princess time. Love the Jungle Cruise and hope the ambiance is worthy of the attraction. Interested in hearing about the ambiance, food and speed of service as I enjoy new dining experiences but DS is a picky carnivore and is interested in getting in and out to max out on rides.

faline
06-28-2016, 08:07 PM
In December, we dined here during their soft opening. The various rooms are interesting but, really, I didn't think it had the ambience of the Jungle Cruise ride that I might have expected. The food was different - for example I had shrimp with heads on and they did, indeed, have heads on. I liked the experience and am glad I did it but it's not on my "must do" list nor do I feel the need to rush back anytime in the near future.

JanetMegan
06-29-2016, 08:42 AM
I also ate here Christmas week and was frankly not impressed. We sat in the big room which was really nothing special, just a big loud room. I had the mac and cheese which was honestly, sort of gross. It tasted like sloppy joe mac and cheese. I also had the dumpling type appetizer and it was also just not to my liking and I'm not picky.

I literally saw some small kids spit out the mac and cheese! I hate to rain on your parade but I'm just not sure if it's a good spot for a picky eater. What about just hitting a quick service spot to eat and then going all out on the rides??

#1donaldfan
06-30-2016, 11:39 AM
As being mentioned these are the very reasons we canceled our reservation during our NYE trip. I love the Jungle Cruise, but after the reviews we skipped and actually went to Cape May, one of our all time favorites !!

Mad About Mickey
07-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Thank you for the replies. Maybe we'll save this for a return trip with the DW and just do quick service this time.