PDA

View Full Version : Staying off site and Fastpass

masondoggy
06-28-2016, 09:17 AM
My family is booking a trip in early November (probably the week of the 5th). I want to stay onsite but DH really wants to stay at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I compromised with him on this and got my way on something else. So my question is are we going to have trouble getting what we want when we book our Fastpasses 30 days out or will all of the high demand attractions be out of FP's by then?

Fangorn
06-28-2016, 09:29 AM
Your main challenge will be getting FP+ for the new Frozen ride. Assuming the popularity of this new attraction continues, you could find that at 30 days, your options are severely limited, if it's available at all. Other than that, you should be able to get FPs for everything else. Timing may not be ideal for you, but you should be able to get everything else. And don't lose heart if, at your 30 day mark, something isn't available. Keep checking. I've had really good luck getting everything - including 7DMT - the night before. People change things all the time.

Steve

masondoggy
06-28-2016, 09:38 AM
No Frozen for us, lol. That makes me feel a bit better. At least I got my way and we will be spending 2 days in MK rather than 1 so I can take my darn time!

Thanks!

faline
06-28-2016, 09:39 AM
Yes, persistence will be key. If you can't get a fastpass for the ride(s) you want, keep trying - availability may pop up an another time - even very close to or during your trip.

TheHD
06-28-2016, 10:44 AM
You might be able to get Frozen near the end of your trip on the last day. Since you can start at day 30, as with everyone else, try looking at Frozen on your last day since your day 36 (30 + 6th park day) for example, will be many others day 30 who are just starting reservations, so you have a six day jump on them. Does that make sense?

Speedy1998
06-28-2016, 12:30 PM
The last time I stayed on site was before the FP+ system was created.

Two trips staying offsite with FP+ and the only FP I was unable to get was the Meet and Greet with Anna and Elsa for my daughter. I even went just 1 month after 7dmt opened and was able to get FPs for it.

Goofy4TheWorld
06-28-2016, 01:48 PM
You might be able to get Frozen near the end of your trip on the last day. Since you can start at day 30, as with everyone else, try looking at Frozen on your last day since your day 36 (30 + 6th park day) for example, will be many others day 30 who are just starting reservations, so you have a six day jump on them. Does that make sense?

That "+ 6 jump" doesn't apply to people staying off site, as the OP is doing. Only onsite guests get to use that benefit.

masondoggy
06-28-2016, 04:40 PM
Yes, persistence will be key. If you can't get a fastpass for the ride(s) you want, keep trying - availability may pop up an another time - even very close to or during your trip.

Thanks, I will do that if necessary. :mickey:

masondoggy
06-28-2016, 04:42 PM

Yes but our family isn't into Frozen so that won't be an issue. I have teens who more into the "big kid" stuff.

masondoggy
06-28-2016, 04:42 PM
The last time I stayed on site was before the FP+ system was created.

Two trips staying offsite with FP+ and the only FP I was unable to get was the Meet and Greet with Anna and Elsa for my daughter. I even went just 1 month after 7dmt opened and was able to get FPs for it.

That's reassuring, thanks!

TheHD
06-29-2016, 04:22 PM
That "+ 6 jump" doesn't apply to people staying off site, as the OP is doing. Only onsite guests get to use that benefit.

I see. I have only stayed onsite since 2000. But that makes sense.