PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever pay for garden view at POFQ?

mandaep
06-22-2016, 05:08 PM
Does it include all the buildings? I was looking at a map and it seems like all the rooms that wouldn't be facing the parking lot are not too far from the food court. None are that far but does anyone always purchase garden view? Or have you purchased it and regretted paying extra?

sorcerer fan
06-22-2016, 06:03 PM
last couple of times we went, we took parking lot view. you're only usually in the room at night anyhow , what difference does it make what you see when you walk out the door?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-22-2016, 09:31 PM
Our first time at POFQ we had the "horrible" room view. It was a standard room, and we overlooked the parking lot AND the garbage dumpster for the food court. It was completely fine. Since there aren't balconies for the rooms anyways, we barely had the curtains opened anyways and we didn't notice. In fact, it was nice to be so close to the food court and the bus stop.

Since then, we pay extra for a pool view. We like the guarantee of being right in the middle of the action, and close to the pool and main building.

I don't think I'd worry about paying for garden view, since the whole resort is so small, and even with the standard view, it will still be a great trip! If there were better "sitting areas" that overlooked the views, it would matter more, but I'd save the money for another treat.

#1donaldfan
06-28-2016, 03:31 PM
There are no bad room locations at the FQ. I'd never pay extra to be on the side of the building facing the fountain or gardens. The resort is so small that all locations seem great to me ... but I'm sure there are those who would think otherwise. We are never in the room long enough to be looking out the window, we have no balcony to relax on, so the view is really a mute point ...