PDA

View Full Version : Cost of transportation to Universal from Disneyworld

Genie1953
06-20-2016, 10:44 PM
Can anyone tell me a little more about the various ways to get from Disneyworld (POR) to Universal Studios? We will not have a car available to drive ourselves. We are only doing the one day at Universal and most of our time will be spent doing the Harry Potter attractions and also Jurassic Park area. How much do the various options cost and do they need to be scheduled ahead of time? I know that we could take a cab over and back and could just call when we are ready to head back to our resort but am wondering about the cost. I also know there is some sort of ticket package available that has ground travel included but from my understanding you have to reserve a specific pickup times. My concern with this would be that we might be ready to head back to our resort and then have to sit around waiting until our pick up time....or we might want to stay later than our scheduled pickup time and not be able to. Anyway just trying to look at all possible travel options available and will appreciate any thoughts or opinions on ways to travel over there and back.

burrsace
06-20-2016, 11:48 PM
You're better off ubering

Tink1
06-21-2016, 08:54 PM
Your choices are Towncar, Cab, Uber, Rental Car or Mears transportation.

Mears is currently $34 per person, so that will be your most costly option if you are a family of 4.

Rental Car depends on date and size needed, and you will have to pay for parking.

Towncar runs about $110

Uber runs around $20

Cab depends on time and distance and I never calculated it. Google Mears Taxi Calculator and you can get a rough idea.

But, yes. Uber is usually the cheapest option.

Nanc

Imalismom
06-26-2016, 09:59 AM
Also, if you have never used UBER before - your first UBER ride can be free - do a search on "first uber ride free" to see all kinds of sites that will help you out....

mydisneygirls
06-28-2016, 12:28 PM
I would also use Uber.