PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melrose

mydisneygirls
06-17-2016, 02:58 PM
We usually don't eat at HS but this year because of timing, we will be there at dinner time. Mama Melrose -- is the food decent. Not looking for anything fancy. Brown Derby is out because we're on the dining plan and we're using 2 credits for Hoop Dee Doo. As long as the chicken parm and steak are good, we'll be happy!

Itchy
06-17-2016, 03:55 PM
Well I know you will get opinions both good and bad.

We ate at Mama Melrose just once and that was enough for us. The service was very poor and the food was not very good.

We have eaten at Prime Time 50's and enjoyed the food a lot. I don't remember is they had steak, I guess you could look at their menu.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Pirate Granny
06-17-2016, 06:38 PM
We've eaten there numerous times mostly to get the fantastic package...service is horrible, food mediocre...one time I waited 15 minutes after my food arrived, and mentioned I needed a fork...I had to flag down someone else to get the fork...food was cold...put the credit back on the dining plan. But we were leaving the next day. We keep trying, and for us, it never gets any better....don't like the H&V buffet, and the sy-fi is OK but tables are not great for a family dinner...we preferred the Pizza Planet CS, but it's now closed for renovation.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-17-2016, 08:40 PM
We ate at MM years ago and swore that we would never go back. The service was horrible and the food was OK at best.

We finally gave in and ate there again last year. (We wanted a 1 credit Fantasmic Package) and it was quite a bit better. The service was good and the food was yummy.

So, we're batting 50/50, with the most recent visit being good, based on that alone we'd go back!

akaDisneyDreamer
06-17-2016, 11:04 PM
We ate at Moma Melrose on our last trip in April for the Fantasmic package, and won't do it again. The food wasn't good and neither was the service. I had the chicken parm and the chicken was dry on the inside and soggy on the outside. Unless you're looking for the Fantasmic package, I recommend 50's Prime Time for dinner. It's a fun place and the food is very good!

Cinderelley
06-18-2016, 06:09 AM
I have enjoyed Mama Melrose in the past, but I haven't eaten the chicken or the steak. Have you considered taking the boat to the Boardwalk for your meal? There are several nice restaurants there. The Flying Fish is amazing. You can get the Kitchen Sink at Beaches n Cream. I thoroughly enjoyed the Yachtsman Steakhouse also.

TheDuckRocks
06-18-2016, 07:55 AM
I have always had a good meal when I've ordered their Charred Strip Steak. Have had hit and miss results with the Chicken Parm and a pork dish called Saltimbocca. Since the options are so limited at the Studios we keep going back. When you hit a good night for the kitchen the food can be outstanding, unfortunately that is not always the case. The wait staff can downright awful more often than not. I'm so sorry that I can not give you a better review of Mama's.

Arielfan98
06-18-2016, 11:05 AM
I usually go there with my family for dinner and it's ok. It reminds me of Tony's. Nothing there is special. We liked their pizza and desserts. But yes, it is a simple and basic place to go for dinner. You'd be surprised, the place really does fill up during dinner time so make those reservations quickly!

Celakip
06-18-2016, 01:14 PM
We have dined at MM numerous times and have always enjoyed it.

VacationDisney
06-19-2016, 09:49 AM
We have eaten at MM a couple of times. It also reminds us of Tony's at MK. The service can be questionable. The food is nothing to write home about. Would we go back? Yes It's still on the list of places to eat for our next trip in 2017.

mydisneygirls
06-20-2016, 02:39 PM
I guess we'll go someplace else. Thanks for your advice.

#1donaldfan
06-21-2016, 06:50 PM
MM was just ok. I'd go back in a pinch, but not sure how excited I can get about the place. Our service was actually the best part of the meal. For a pasta dish we really like Portabella's at Disney Springs ....