PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach - Non preferred rooms

mamacon67
06-09-2016, 08:15 PM
I want to book CBR for my next trip, but do not necessarily want to pay for the preferred room option. It seems like this resort is quite spread out. On the resort maps, it seems like Jamaica and Aruba may be good options as long as we are close to the bridge. Any idea how long it takes to get from those areas to Old Port Royale via the bridge?

wilcat
06-10-2016, 06:53 AM
We stayed there in September and I have to say the walk to Old Port Royal was not that bad. Keep in mind when we were there the bridge was being worked on and closed so we had to walk the long way around, maybe a 10 minute walk. They also had shuttles that stop every 15 - 20 minutes right at your island resort so you have that option also. We stayed in Jamaica and loved it. I don't think you can go wrong with that location.

lawgirl
06-12-2016, 10:36 AM
We were in Jamaica bldg 44, and loved it. The walk over the bridge was not bad at all...maybe about 5-10 minutes. And its such a gorgeous place. We would definitely stay there again. I did research before we went and requested Jamaica. We got a corner room and loved it. We actually enjoyed the walk to Port Royale. Honestly, the last time we stayed at AKL we were at the far end of the resort and it seemed like a much longer walk than our CBR one. We loved it!