PDA

View Full Version : Compare Moderates

j2k
06-08-2016, 04:12 PM
The only moderate we've stayed at is Coronado Springs.

1. Do they all have queen beds (instead of double or full)?
2. Do they all have mini fridges?
3. Which is your favorite and why?

We'd like to stay somewhere different. But aren't sure if we can swing the cost of a Deluxe.

BrerGnat
06-08-2016, 04:29 PM
Yes to your first two questions. Only exception is the Pirate themed rooms at Caribbean Beach...those are full sized beds.

My favorite is PO Riverside mostly for nostalgic reasons. That is where our family stayed when I was younger.

faline
06-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Coronado Springs has long been my favorite moderate. I also greatly enjoyed Port Orleans French Quarter and, in my mind, they are almost tied for the title of favorite.

mickeyman42
06-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Favorite I've stayed at would have to be POFQ, as we havn't stayed at Coronado yet, first stay there this Aug. Love the size of POFQ, food court was serviceable, and the pool was good. POR was just ok, we had a royal room which was nice, but we didn't really enjoy the walk (which wasn't far actually) to the main building and the pool area. CB, I said I would never be back there which is probably overkill. I would only stay there in a preferred room to give it a second try. We had a pirate room which was way too far a walk to the main area, and we are active people. We have a preferred room booked at CS because of the size of the resort, but we wanted to cross it off our list so to speak, hope its a nice as people say it is, but yeah as of now I would have to go with POFQ as our current favorite!

Basket Mommy
06-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Some moderate rooms also have the pull down twin bed for a 5th person. You can request one but it isn't guaranteed for parties less than 5.

brownie
06-08-2016, 09:31 PM
I like both Coronado Springs and Port Orleans Riverside, though if I had to choose between the two it would be Coronado Springs.

#1donaldfan
06-09-2016, 12:08 PM
I think the FQ and Riverside are the best resorts on property. They both give you a deluxe feel with a moderate price. FQ is small and very quiet and has a very comfortable feel. Riverside is our first resort as a family and it's always going to be my favorite. It's huge but so quiet and laid back. The walkways are shaded making it the perfect place to unwind after a long, hard day at the parks.

j2k
06-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Thanks! While we'd rather different theming we may consider POR. (We are from the south and wanted something different but there's not much to choose from in the Moderates.)

Values just aren't for us and the Deluxes may be too pricey.

mgmnut
06-10-2016, 07:26 AM
Another vote for POFQ, we loved that resort, over any of the other moderates we have stayed at. No building is too far away, it was so nice and quiet, and the theming is very nicely done.

Genie1953
06-10-2016, 08:41 AM
Port Orleans Riverside is our favorite! We have always stayed in the mansions but for our upcoming trip in November we are doing a preferred location room which are all located in the alligator bayou section. We were able to go look at one of the rooms in that section last trip. It is more rustic but we loved it! We also like the additional boat transportation to and from Disney Springs and French Quarter. Nice to be able to use it occasionally instead of the busses. Sometimes after a long tiring day at the parks we would just get on and ride to Disney Springs and back to help us unwind. So relaxing!

sainter
06-15-2016, 03:20 PM
I don't know if this is important to you, but PO French Quarter does not have quiet pools. I didn't think the main pool was too crowded, but sometimes if we are spending the afternoon at the resort I like the option of being able to go to a quiet pool during the pool party. It can be very loud at ALL of the main pools!

Angelgirl65
06-16-2016, 06:02 AM
Love CSR especially the business class rooms

mandaep
06-17-2016, 06:06 AM
We have stayed at only POFQ twice, once in 2009 and this year. And CB in 2011. I am going to go and say I can't imagine staying anywhere else other than POFQ for a moderate. It's our home. The size is ridiculously small. We even had a pool view this time just to ensure being close to everything bc it was really worth it for us but all the other rooms do not seem so far. The buss service was good for us and I love the theming and the atmosphere. Stayed at CM and it did have nice decor and the buildings and grounds are the best part about it I hateddddd the walk (Aruba, which is actually a closer one). The pool is fun for kids though. The bus station was closer to us than I thought it would be and it ran pretty frequently. I was impressed with that but I felt like the rooms were outdated and needed updated bad.