PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheet

jenperich
06-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Does anyone have a spreadsheet you use for Disney that you mind sharing? I would like to use one and don't know where to start. Thank you!

faline
06-08-2016, 07:21 AM
I don't typically use a spreadsheet for vacation planning. I usually just set up a table with three columns. The first column just has the day and date. The middle column will contain pertinent information such as park hours, fireworks etc. and the third column will have specific information - my dining reservations; fastpass plus return times etc. To be honest, I didn't even use this much on my last trip as the information really is pretty readily available on your phone - except if Disney's systems go down as I understand they did recently!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-08-2016, 08:39 AM
I almost hate to admit this, but my spreadsheet is just a word document.

Each day is a "cell" in the table, and it has the following:
Which parks have EMH
What part we are planning for the AM and the PM
Our ADRs
Our FP+ (this usually turns into a listing of a high-level plan of what we hope to do)

I have one cell at the end for "notes", which just becomes anything else I want to jot down or share with everyone.

If you want to see it, just send me a PM and I'll forward it along.

(I'm remembering a time on a bus where two people from a large family group were heading back to the resort, early. One was carefully looking at this very large (like tabloid-size) very detailed spreadsheet, lamenting what she would miss, but she was just too tired and needed a break. The other person comments, "oh, that thing. I lost it the first day". I'm sure there was drama on that trip, but it was just so funny to watch, since I was an outsider) The moral - if you need tabloid sized-paper and size 8 font, probably too much. Otherwise, I'm a HUGE fan of vacation plans. :)

deedee73
06-08-2016, 11:17 AM
I almost hate to admit this, but my spreadsheet is just a word document.

Each day is a "cell" in the table, and it has the following:
Which parks have EMH
What part we are planning for the AM and the PM
Our ADRs
Our FP+ (this usually turns into a listing of a high-level plan of what we hope to do)

I have one cell at the end for "notes", which just becomes anything else I want to jot down or share with everyone.

If you want to see it, just send me a PM and I'll forward it along.

(I'm remembering a time on a bus where two people from a large family group were heading back to the resort, early. One was carefully looking at this very large (like tabloid-size) very detailed spreadsheet, lamenting what she would miss, but she was just too tired and needed a break. The other person comments, "oh, that thing. I lost it the first day". I'm sure there was drama on that trip, but it was just so funny to watch, since I was an outsider) The moral - if you need tabloid sized-paper and size 8 font, probably too much. Otherwise, I'm a HUGE fan of vacation plans. :)
On our last trip I had a similar document. I find a word document easier to manage/edit and honestly I hate excel/spreadsheets.

faline
06-08-2016, 06:03 PM
The table I spoke about above is also in a Word document rather than a spreadsheet.