PDA

View Full Version : Flights - what would you do?

WDW&MK
06-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Hello! Well we got a call from Southwest that our flight out of Milwaukee to Orlando was cancelled in August so they wanted to rebook us on a new flight. We chose an afternoon flight because it was nonstop. Looking at their website, that flight has a 50% cancellation rate - which I interpret to mean, cancelling last minute - not like the flight that they just cancelled on us giving us a few months notice.
Now, in thinking about this, we are maybe going down a day early (yay :mickey:) but in looking at that day's flights they have the same flight they cancelled for the next day - I thought they had said they were cancelling that particular time slot completely. So, I don't know if we should book it and hope it was just the Tuesday early morning flight that they are cancelling and not the Monday, or if we should err on the safe side and take the next earliest flight which has one stop over in Atlanta. Thoughts and your experience with Southwest?
Thanks!
Kari

deedee73
06-06-2016, 09:29 PM
I doubt that a Monday flight would be canceled as quickly as another weekday due to work travels/return weekend trips. Same reason that Friday, Saturday & Sundays are so busy. That is why they say rates are generally better Tuesday - Thursday because it is harder to fill those flights. I say book the Monday flight and get to Disney sooner.

faline
06-07-2016, 07:23 AM
I would always choose a non-stop over having to change planes.

WDW&MK
06-07-2016, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the replies. I did rebook to the previous day, nonstop. The CSR said that they don't cancel like entire time slots normally. It is usually just day specific like there's going to be too much traffic on the runways or the plane is needed elsewhere or something like that. So, I am feeling better about booking this time slot - just on a previous day. An extra day of magic, what more could i ask for :number1: