PDA

View Full Version : DVC Tipping

missymouseworld
06-03-2016, 11:02 PM
If you stay for under 9 days they dont clean your room or change the sheets.....do you tip housekeeping like you would if you were staying as a non-dvc member?

VWL Mom
06-04-2016, 07:39 AM
I go back and forth with this all the time and probably still do it wrong. This trip we stayed 6 nights in a 2bdrm (5 adults) and I left $30 which on one hand didn't seem like enough but on the other hand we never even got trash and towel on day 4. I bring my own detergent, take out the trash and recycling, keep the unit clean, turn the dishwasher on before we leave etc, so I ask myself why am I tipping? Short answer, I don't know.

Had we stayed non-DVC somewhere in the same accommodations, I would tip more. The fact is we pay 100% housekeeping fees in dues so if they're only doing the changeover we are paying for it, if I pay for someone to clean my house I'm not going to tip them on top of that.

:confused:

DizneyRox
06-04-2016, 08:03 AM
Unless things have changed (and they may have), mouse keeping is a non tipped position, add to that the maintenance fees so I never consider leaving anything. Like the above, I run the dishwasher, and the vacuum at least a few times during our stay and then again right before we leave, not sure what I'd be tipping for...

Basket Mommy
06-04-2016, 08:57 AM
I do not tip. I'm usually in the room when housekeeping comes, so I hand over any trash or dirty towels and take the new towel bundle and ask for anything extra we need like detergent or coffee. Like the others, I wash the dishes and keep the place clean. I load and run the dishwasher before we leave and take out the trash. I don't feel the need to tip when I do most of the work.

VWL Mom
06-04-2016, 09:37 AM
You've both said what I've been trying to convince myself of, I think my DVC tipping days are done.

missymouseworld
06-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Thanks fellow DVCers

SBETigg
06-04-2016, 03:17 PM
I tip. When I stayed as a non-DVC guest, I would tip $2-5 daily, because you don't always have the same housekeeper. As a DVC member, despite the fact that I keep it all fairly clean while there, it's still a job to clean up after guests leave in preparation for other guests. No matter how clean you've kept it while there, housekeeping still has to go back over every surface, scrub, vacuum, and change sheets.

I leave $5-$10 for Day Four visit and $20 at the end of the stay. Technically not a tipped position? Who cares. I like to acknowledge that I personally appreciate the work of people who clean up after me. Certainly not a requirement.

DonLefNY
06-10-2016, 04:44 PM
Non-tipper. I do tip servers and rarely, if ever, use bell service.

Mackflava99
06-16-2016, 04:34 PM
In DLR Grand Californian in 2015, i tipped the Mousekeeper 10$ on the first day because she had to bring towels. Everyday afterwards she brought extra things, so i tipped her again on last day ( we were there for 12) it was worth the $$

lightyearfan
07-01-2016, 09:57 AM
i always have this disagreement with dw, her reasoning is that were coming into a clean room so for that reason we leave around $20, we usually only stay for 3 days cause we have a Disney cruise attached to our vaca, but when we have stayed for more than the 4 days that DVC claims they'll come and do a clean we'll leave about $40. no 1 is wrong here and no 1 is right its a matter of personal prefrence

Pooh Fan
07-12-2016, 12:38 PM
This has really made me start thinking about this. I had always thought of this being a part of what we pay for with our annual dues plus the fact that you can add on paying for daily housekeeping if you choose to. Never thought about tipping extra for the service that comes with the regular stay. Food for thought!