PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness

thejens
06-03-2016, 12:43 PM
My friend is wondering what are the most fun and inexpensive things to do at Fort Wilderness. She has three little kids and is trying to stretch budget.

mydisneygirls
06-03-2016, 01:13 PM
There's the Tri-Circle-D Ranch that you can go and see the horses, there's a playground, wagon rides which cost $8 pp adult/$5 per child; Chip and Dale Campfire Sing-a-long (bring your own s'mores fixings because I think they charge for it); movies under the stars and of course the pool. I've checked this out as we are staying in one of the cabins this year.

TheHD
06-03-2016, 02:59 PM
We've done the campfire extras and the Ranch, both are fun. We watched horses getting bathed and shoed on our last trip (stayed at Wilderness Lodge). We were able to talk with the care takers for quite a while learning interesting facts. The people who shoed the horses actually were subcontracted to perform the work. I believe he said they come out once a month, so that is hit-or-miss for sure.

I know your friend has little kids, so this may be a long shot as the walk is about 15 minutes, but walking from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge is a fun journey. Then you get to explore Wilderness Lodge without requiring a budget. The kids would love the lobby and the outdoor falls and geyser if they have not been before.

Also, there is the Electrical Water Pageant, which I believe starts around 9:45 PM at Fort Wilderness.

faline
06-03-2016, 03:05 PM
And, if she wants to travel a little bit, she could bus over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and wander around the animal viewing areas out back. The could take a boat ride to the Contemporary and then monorail around the resort loop ending with another boat trip back to Fort Wilderness.

sara114
06-05-2016, 09:06 AM
Not knowing the age of the children, here are some suggestions:
- the campfire / movie is good, but younger children often fall asleep
- plan for a nature scavenger hunt (pine cone, pine needle, etc) if older child, do with camera !
- night viewing of water pageant from dock
- flashlight tag