PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Week?

Speedy1998
06-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Has anyone been the week of Thanksgiving? What are the crowds like? I have been the day after Thanksgiving when I was a kid, but that was 30 years ago, and not on Thanksgiving day.

laprana
06-03-2016, 12:57 PM
I've been during Thanksgiving week each year for the last 3 years. It is crazy crowded Wed., Thurs., and Fri., of that week, but the crowds are lighter at the beginning of the week and die down a bit by the end of the week. It's certainly manageable, though! Just make sure you have your FPs lined up for all of your must-dos!

NewDVCowner
06-03-2016, 01:07 PM
I've been that week a few times and it does get pretty busy, but I feel it was managable. I liked the fact that the 'Holiday's around the World' thing started up in Epcot the day after Thanksgiving so we were able to see the holiday storytellers around the World Showcase before we needed to go home.

Strmchsr
06-03-2016, 03:18 PM
My experience has been the same as the previous posters. Not too bad on Monday and Tuesday but Wednesday through the weekend gets crazy crowded. Still it's always manageable if you have a plan and know what's most important for you.

CynBeth
06-03-2016, 05:59 PM
We have gone twice for Thanksgiving Week in 6 years. We either arrived the Fri or Sat before and left the Sun after. We found it manageable since we had 1 day at DHS, 1 day at AK and a few days each at MK and Epcot plus additional times we could spend at all the parks with Park Hoppers so we saw just about all we wanted to including time to resort hop to see the decorations at the MK resorts, Epcot resorts, and AKL. Park Hours last year had a lot of early openings at all of the parks and late closings at MK that week to give more time with the crowds.

1DisneyNut
06-04-2016, 08:38 AM
We were there last Thanksgiving and like the others said, it was packed. We even had 30 minute waits in the "Fastpass +" lines for some rides.