PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Parking question

Goofeygal
06-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Do they have a tap scanner at the parking booth for annual pass magic bands?

Fangorn
06-02-2016, 10:58 PM
No. You must show your actual annual pass card at the booth. They are supposed to check the expiration date on the back of the card to make sure it is a valid pass.

Steve

Disney4us2
06-03-2016, 08:58 AM
My experience, mostly at Epcot , is they just look at the card. A few actually scan the card and ask for photo ID.

PlutoToo
06-08-2016, 09:46 AM
The last 3 times I went (once in March, Apri, and May) The attendant at the parking booth just scanned my magic band. Once they asked for the my name to confirm it was me.

ThanxForNoticin
06-08-2016, 11:53 AM
We had the same experience as PlutoToo. We were there in March, and they just scanned my Magic Band and confirmed my name.

Fangorn
06-08-2016, 03:47 PM
We had the same experience as PlutoToo. We were there in March, and they just scanned my Magic Band and confirmed my name.

That must be a change to the process, then. In December, when we activated our APs, I specifically asked the CM at Guest Relations about the need for the AP card since the ticket was connected to my MB. I was told that the bands couldn't be used for parking or AP discounts. You had to have the card for those.

Makes some sense that they would make that change.

Steve

ThanxForNoticin
06-09-2016, 12:01 PM
Must be. And it would be a change for the better - much more efficient.

I wonder if they can do something similar for guests staying onsite (instead of those paper parking passes on the dashboard!).

DonLefNY
06-10-2016, 04:42 PM
I've just used my card and once in a great while the cast member asks for ID.

burrsace
06-11-2016, 12:52 PM
I've only had my band scanned at MK for parking. Been to AK, Epcot and DHS by just flashing my magic band. Also, when you get your magic band in the box it has the AP slide for your Magic Band. If you have that in your band the stores will give you your discount dice only AP holders could have that