PDA

View Full Version : Disney Springs Bus Stops

lawgirl
05-31-2016, 06:27 PM
For December, we are staying at the Disney Springs area Doubletree. Just looking to try something different. I was planning on using the bus stop close to the Wolfgang Puck to get around to the different resorts. However, I just saw something about a new bus stop moving way across to the town center? Does that mean that the bus stop nearest to the WP cafe will be closed?

I remember there being a bus stop closer to the west side, but we've used the east bus stop so many times from SS to other resorts. It looks like its easy walking distance from our hotel, but the new bus stop looks way out of the way. I guess the Doubletree will have a DS shuttle running throughout the day, but that puts a damper on my plans!

VWL Mom
05-31-2016, 06:47 PM
The Town Center bus stop opened earlier this week and will eventually be the only operating stop. The current Marketplace stop will be closing soon and become a stop for charter buses and such.

lawgirl
05-31-2016, 07:07 PM
The Town Center bus stop opened earlier this week and will eventually be the only operating stop. The current Marketplace stop will be closing soon and become a stop for charter buses and such.

Thanks for the info, Lynn. I'm not all that familiar with the Disney Springs hotels and that specific bus stop. I just vaguely remember in passing walking from Saratoga Springs to the DS entrance by the WP Cafe. Do you think it would be realistic to walk from our hotel to that bus stop? The hotel website says their is a shuttle running every 30 minutes, but I'm kinda wondering if that is going to work for us. We have never stayed off-site before, and I thought I had us covered with being so close to the east bus stop...if I had known it was closing I might have tried a WDW hotel.

Wondering about trying to get to other resorts from our DS hotel...what would you do? We are going for my bday, and Sanaa is my all-time favorite. So how do we get from our hotel to the AKL? I usually would have planned on walking to the east side bus stop, and jumping on the AKL bus. But now, what do we do? Taxi? Would greatly appreciate your input!

lawgirl
05-31-2016, 07:09 PM
And in my dreams, I'd love to stay in a 1 bedroom suite at the AKL...but with both kids in private school its just not going to happen this year! And my parents are coming too, and getting 2 villas is just not in the budget this year. The Doubletree suites look fairly decent for the price!