PDA

View Full Version : DVC benefits for immediate family members

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
05-24-2016, 09:56 AM
I know that in order to receive any DVC discounts or other benefits, you must be a member or a part of the immediate family. I have a son who is 24 years old, and although he lives at home, we stopped considering him eligible for these discounts once he was over 18 and no longer a student. He has a job and we don't claim him on our taxes. However, I also have a daughter who is 20 years old and in college. We do claim her on our taxes, but her name is not on any of the DVC contracts. She is thinking of taking a trip with some college friends later this summer and we won't be going along. We will be making a reservation for her to stay on our points, but is she eligible for any of the other discounts? If so, would I need to send my DVC membership card along with her and would they honor that? I'd appreciate any feedback from those who might know the answer, thanks!

VWL Mom
05-24-2016, 11:51 AM
The only discount they are eligible for is the AP discount as long as they have the same address as the contract. If their names are not on the contract they would not be able to access DVC discounts without you.

If you do decide to get her the AP she would benefit from those discounts. In order for her to pick it up without you MS needs to put a special message (I think it was called a magical message) in her record that guest services can access. She would also need a copy of your membership card. I did this last year with my son and it worked out fine.