PDA

View Full Version : Evening Hours and Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom

Mad About Mickey
05-22-2016, 03:59 PM
We have been away form the world for 3 years and just getting readjusted again. I see that they are introducing extended hours to Animal Kingdom along with Rivers of Light (now being coopted by Jungle Book) starting on May 28th. Looking ahead at the calendar both the late hours and ROL/JB fall off the face of the earth September 5th. Is this just a summer thing or will it possibly be a year round possibility? Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere, as I stated we are just getting our feet wet all over again. Thanks :mickey:

catasaid
05-23-2016, 07:19 AM
I'm also wondering about this. We will be in WDW in October and while the park hours have already been posted, AK is listed as closing at 5 pm. Why no late hours at AK for October??

PopPhan
05-23-2016, 08:31 AM
It could be a couple things...1) They could be waiting until a trial period has passed to reevaluate the opening/show hours based on attendance/acceptance or 2) September is generally when the park hours are shortened for all parks.

My bet is #1.

TheHD
05-23-2016, 11:38 AM
I think they are updating the AK hours in batches. For a few months, they had the extended 11PM hours through July 3rd and it wasn't until this past weekend that they just extended the AK hours through the summer. I have a trip planned in July and had to choose my FP+ before the hours were extended and then a few days later, I went back in and changed some for after 5PM once the hours were updated.

They obviously knew they would have extended hours through the summer time, but they seem to not be updating the hours online until around two-months at-a-time. Maybe by trial or not wanting to over-extend their expectations.

marlyn
05-24-2016, 11:32 AM
The Jungle Book show is temporary until they fix Rivers Of Light. Maybe they are thinking ROL will be up and running by Sept. I think they are being cautious and releasing info a month at a time