PDA

View Full Version : EMH Parks, Should we go or should we stay away?

Mad About Mickey
05-22-2016, 03:08 PM
We are going to the World again this December and wanted some opinions on EMH. We have visited the second week of December 5 times between 2003 and 2010 and always chose to go to the park with EMH that day as our primary park that day. It has worked well for Early morning EMH as we have gotten right on the big attractions before the parks got crowded but the parks did seem to get a little crowded as the day progressed. For those of you have done both, how are the crowds at the other non EMH parks, is it worth reversing our old strategy and avoid EMH parks this trip?

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-22-2016, 08:55 PM
For the park with morning EMH, they are usually worth it. As you know, you can get a lot done before the parks start to get crowded.

I'd skip evening hours, crowds start arriving in the afternoon, and make the park just unbearable, at least in my opinion.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-23-2016, 07:33 AM
I'm kind of torn on this one, like another poster said the evening hours are usually packed. However, we have found that the early morning hours are worth it. We knock out the most popular rides that first hour like Toy Story Mania and Soarin which seems to help us manage our time the rest of the day since we can avoid those areas.

PopPhan
05-23-2016, 09:37 AM
For the park with morning EMH, they are usually worth it. As you know, you can get a lot done before the parks start to get crowded.

I'd skip evening hours, crowds start arriving in the afternoon, and make the park just unbearable, at least in my opinion.

Agree whole-heartedly with this.

Cannot answer the poll just for this reason. Morning EMH: GO, GO, GO!!! Evening EMH: Probably Stay Away.

Speedy1998
05-23-2016, 12:49 PM
Best touring tip anyone has ever given me, is to go to the park that have evening EMH the previous day. The day the park has EMH in the evening, is usually that park's busiest day of the week, so the thinking goes that with so many people there the day before, the crowds will be lighter the next day.

joonyer
05-23-2016, 10:05 PM
We have always really enjoyed the evening EMH times, in any park. We love the lighting of the parks after dark, so we try to maximize our late night hours. And the later it gets, the shorter the lines, especially the really late ones. But you have to be a night owl to enjoy those. Midnight until 3 a.m. at MK are my favorite ones. :D

Sylvia
05-23-2016, 11:55 PM
We have always really enjoyed the evening EMH times, in any park. We love the lighting of the parks after dark, so we try to maximize our late night hours. And the later it gets, the shorter the lines, especially the really late ones. But you have to be a night owl to enjoy those. Midnight until 3 a.m. at MK are my favorite ones. :D

:ditto:

We've also been at MK until 3 AM. Slept most of the next day, but it was worth it. So magical. :pixie::pixie:

mandaep
05-26-2016, 04:35 PM
We planned my son's birthday day to be on a day that was EMH morning at MK. I thought it would be terrible but we went straight back to new fantasyland and rode Dumbo, Barnstormer, Ariel, met ariel, small world, did our FP for peter pan and went to tomorrowland and did TTA, carousel and i'm sure I'm forgetting something all before noon. I couldn't believe how dead it was in the back when we got there and it was worth it!!