PDA

View Full Version : Vero and Disney Spring 2016 - Part 5

faline
05-22-2016, 02:41 PM
Saturday, May 7

For breakfast, we head to the coffee shop on the lobby floor of the Contemporary. Here, we have coffee and share a honey bun. Then, it's out to the bus stop for a trip to Animal Kingdom. The wait for the bus was almost 1/2 hour. Still, we make it to the park in plenty of time for our fastpass windows. In fact, we're early enough that we start with a ride on TriceraTop Spin and wander through Chester & Hester's Dinosaur Treasures before getting on line for our fastpass to Finding Nemo. After the show, we go through the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. The gorillas were very active this day which made this a very worthwhile visit. By time we finish with the Trail, it is time for our Safari which was excellent, as usual.

It's now around 1 and we are quite hungry. We head over to Yak & Yeti where we are finally seated after a wait of 45 minutes (We were forewarned that the wait would take that length of time). We share an order of pot stickers and sweet and sour chicken. Thus fortified, we "just" make our fastpass window for Festival of the Lion King. (I had tried to change the time but no other fastpass times were available for the day.)

After this show, we head to the Maharajah Jungle Trek where the tigers are being quite vocal - another worthwhile visit for the day. The cast member told us the female tiger was in heat and she and the male tiger had been exchanging vocalizations all day. He said they will breed them but they had not yet been introduced to each other. Sounded like they were not agreeing with the delay in their introductions!!

Our final stop of the day is Tough to be a Bug. From there, our tired feed shuffle us out to the bus stop and we head home to rest them for a bit.

We did not have any dining reservations on this day and had thought we would go to the Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower, have some appetizers and watch the fireworks from this location. Even though we are on the 14th floor and just two floors below the lounge, we must take the elevator all the way to the 1st floor, traipse to the lobby and show our vacation club identification in order to get an elevator to the 16th floor. Once there, we order a steak flatbread which was quite good and more than adequate for the two of us. We also order their chocolate cake which is definitely something that should be shared.

While there, we were discussing our reservations for the next evening at the Wave. We decide a later time would work better for us. The only way I could accomplish this though was to cancel our existing reservation and rebook it for the later time. It would have been much easier if I could just have modified our existing reservation for the later time.

Ultimately, we decide not to stay for the fireworks at this location and, instead, return to our room and watch them from our own balcony before heading off to bed.

princessgirls
05-25-2016, 01:53 PM
Awesome day Linda! I love the safari! Great from beginning to end!
Thanks for sharing!
Julie

Mackflava99
06-16-2016, 03:52 PM
Interesting to hear about the Tigers, that was a special encounter