PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows - Feedback

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
05-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Can anyone give me some feedback on the Poly Villas and Bungalows. We are celebrating 25th wedding anniversary this September and wanted to stay somewhere nice in Disney. Can you give me the good, the bad and the ugly? Thanks

faline
05-22-2016, 02:25 PM
Hopefully, someone who has stayed there will be along soon to comment. Given the cost - both in dollars and points - it's unlikely I will ever stay in one - though the certainly do look interesting!

BrerGnat
05-22-2016, 02:55 PM
Are you asking about a Bungalow specifically?

#1donaldfan
05-23-2016, 11:54 AM
We toured the Bungalows last summer by invitation and although they were extremely nice, there is absolutely nothing about them that justifies the price to stay.

ThanxForNoticin
05-24-2016, 12:21 PM
If you are just interested in the bungalows, I really can't help you much. They look nice, probably are really nice, but are way too many points for us to seriously consider staying. However, we did get the chance to stay in a Poly Villa/Studio. A couple months back, we stayed in a lake-view studio right by the TTC. It seemed like a great location - we could see the MK and castle from our balcony. But then we had the surprise of the ferry boat horns going off from 7AM until after midnight - each and every time a boat was coming to dock or leaving the dock. I'd recommend avoiding that area of the resort - unless you are a really deep sleeper!

But overall, it was great to get back to the Poly. We hadn't been there in years, and it's still one of the elite resorts anywhere. The new pools are amazing. The dining options with 'OHana and Kona are top-notch.

Happy Anniversary - hope you enjoy your trip!

baldburke
05-25-2016, 12:43 PM
Love the Poly! We've stayed at Hawaii, Moorea (then Tahiti) and Tuvalu and have never had a bad stay. Never has anyone in our party lost a minute's sleep over the ferries. For us the best part of the Poly is the proximity to MK and TTC to get to Epcot plus easy access to GF and the Contemporary. It's a small resort which is great and gated pool help offer some added privacy. We haven't experienced the new quiet pool yet, but it sounds like it's almost a second feature pool. The staff is great and the environment is awesome! Hopefully you'll enjoy it just as much. Good luck with your planning!

ThanxForNoticin
05-25-2016, 01:16 PM
Love the Poly! We've stayed at Hawaii, Moorea (then Tahiti) and Tuvalu and have never had a bad stay. Never has anyone in our party lost a minute's sleep over the ferries. For us the best part of the Poly is the proximity to MK and TTC to get to Epcot plus easy access to GF and the Contemporary. It's a small resort which is great and gated pool help offer some added privacy. We haven't experienced the new quiet pool yet, but it sounds like it's almost a second feature pool. The staff is great and the environment is awesome! Hopefully you'll enjoy it just as much. Good luck with your planning!

The new quiet pool is VERY nice. They even have food and wait service. We enjoyed a couple afternoons there.