PDA

View Full Version : Got an email to upgrade to Coronado springs

terri110874
05-20-2016, 10:28 AM
Got an email to upgrade from POP to CSR for $33 more per night. Sounds great but never stayed at CSR. Please let me know all pro and cons of this resort. Thanks in advanced

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-20-2016, 10:42 AM
We loved it. Its been a while since we stayed but our experience in 2005 was a great one and it is still one of our favorite Disney Hotels. The food court is really good and different than the other typical resort food courts. The rooms were really nice, the gift shop and lobby very pretty. My son loved the pool and they have bus stops spread around the resort so its never a long walk to a bus stop.

1DisneyNut
05-20-2016, 11:08 AM
We were just there in November and it is in need of a refurbishment. It probably hasn't been touched since MississippiDisneyFreak stayed there. lol It isn't that it is bad, it just is not worth paying the price. The rooms aren't going to be an upgrade at all, they are just your typical little hotel room no different than the values really. The food options are pretty good though. It is a huge spread out resort so depending on where you end up, it could be a journey to the main building with the restaurants.

Most likely what is at play here is bookings are down so they are trying to move people into resorts with low occupancy so they can make some rooms available in the popular resorts like POP in hopes of drawing in more reservations.

#1donaldfan
05-20-2016, 12:00 PM
It's a very nice resort but very big and spread out ..... depending on what you're paying for POP, 33$ more a night might not be much of a value. Pop is a great resort and I love the hour-glass lake for running, plus the food court at Pop is awesome.

BrerGnat
05-20-2016, 01:12 PM
Eh, I'd stick with Pop and save the money. I would have said go for it if they were going to switch you for free.

Stayed there once and wasn't impressed at all. Back in 2014 and our room was in rough shape and I thought the grounds looked unkempt and overgrown, and the food court was disgusting and expensive.

Hammer
05-20-2016, 03:01 PM
Eh, I'd stick with Pop and save the money. I would have said go for it if they were going to switch you for free.

Stayed there once and wasn't impressed at all. Back in 2014 and our room was in rough shape and I thought the grounds looked unkempt and overgrown, and the food court was disgusting and expensive.

I have had the exact opposite experience there. Though, if you change your post to say POR, that would describe our experience there and I gave them two chances. Just further proof that everyone has different experiences!

My favorite thing at CSR is the themed pool area. Large pool and hot tub as well as a great pool bar. Never had an issue finding a lounge chair either. Another plus I found was the bus service was really good. It was better than some deluxe resorts.

BrerGnat
05-20-2016, 03:45 PM
I have had the exact opposite experience there. Though, if you change your post to say POR, that would describe our experience there and I gave them two chances. Just further proof that everyone has different experiences!

My favorite thing at CSR is the themed pool area. Large pool and hot tub as well as a great pool bar. Never had an issue finding a lounge chair either. Another plus I found was the bus service was really good. It was better than some deluxe resorts.

LOL! The main pool was closed for our visit for some random maintenance issue so we never saw it. And, the bus service for us was abysmal! We started that trip at Cabana Bay and after one night, we were wishing we were back there instead!

Melanie
05-20-2016, 03:55 PM
Love it! Gorgeous resort, with many deluxe amenities, like Christine mentioned. We've stayed there more times than I can remember. Now that we've bought DVC, I'm actually a
little sad our stays there will likely be less frequent. $33 more a night than POP? I'd do it in a heartbeat!

brownie
05-20-2016, 04:59 PM
For $33 more a night I'd switch. We really enjoyed our stay at Coronado Springs. The room was nice. You'll have some more space in the room, you get sliding doors to close off the bathroom/sink area, and you'd have queen beds instead of double beds. The main pool has one of the better pool slides.

terri110874
05-20-2016, 07:12 PM
POP was $108 per night. For CSR base rate (no discount at the time we are going) shows $185 per night.

It sounds like its a tie with positives and negatives. So I think I will do it

Thank you everyone for the input

:rocks:

LVT
05-30-2016, 08:58 PM
I would also go with it. We have been to POP many times and CSR once, but I thought it was lovely and the bus service great.

Angelgirl65
05-31-2016, 05:42 AM
In a heart beat! I would do it

#1donaldfan
05-31-2016, 05:42 PM
Let us know how your trip was ... I hope the upgrade works well for you !

MNNHFLTX
06-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Glad to hear that you're going for the upgrade. I love Pop, but I love CSR better!

Isabella
06-03-2016, 02:27 PM
In a heartbeat!
Love CSR!!!
Find a hammock and sip your Margarita!
Since it is a convention hotel, the rooms are bigger than the values.
Have a great time!

j2k
06-06-2016, 01:34 PM
We stayed there in 2012 and Loved it! The room was roomy enough and the grounds were beautiful. We requested to be near a bus stop and we were near Bus Stop 3. It was a longer walk to the Main building but that way we enjoyed the resort grounds.

BIGDOG
07-06-2016, 07:10 PM
why did they ask you to upgrade?

Angelgirl65
07-07-2016, 05:42 AM
Love it! CSR has a great location, the buses are fantastic and do not share (like Pop) and the main pool is awesome

PopPhan
07-07-2016, 08:34 AM
Love it! CSR has a great location, the buses are fantastic and do not share (like Pop) and the main pool is awesome

Pop buses do not share. All-Stars do, but not Pop.

DisneyFr33k
07-09-2016, 11:07 AM
My family stayed there 6 years ago, so I don't know what new things have been added. Back then, they had just refurbished the rooms to queens. We loved it! My young son said after dinner one night, "I want to be a Mexican when I grow up"!

texas211
07-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Everyone complains it is spread out. Aren't all Disney properties spread out. In fact in Florida, aren't most of the resorts spread out compared to other vacation spots (Hawaii, Cali, etc).

Back to CSR. Great food options. The food by the pool is super convenient. I liked our smaller, regional pool as well.

Not quite as Disney'sh feeling as other resorts, but very nice.

Don't buy the knockoff Tervis cup w/ the CS logo. It is knockoff and the logo wears off if it gets wet.

I'd stay at any moderate over any value. The buses work pretty well. Lots of parking. Kinda like Port Orleans Riverside, if you've stayed there.

Melanie
07-11-2016, 09:06 AM
Everyone complains it is spread out. Aren't all Disney properties spread out. In fact in Florida, aren't most of the resorts spread out compared to other vacation spots (Hawaii, Cali, etc).

Completely agree. I've never understood complaints about walking at any Disney property. It's Disney, it's spread out, you gotta walk.

BrerGnat
07-11-2016, 10:16 AM
I don't like the big spread out resorts mostly because I prefer the restaurants and lobby services/transportation to be accessible during bad weather (thunderstorms, heavy rains, etc). I don't like feeling trapped in the room and one of my kids is very scared of thunderstorms and we tend to travel to WDW during months that they are a daily occurrence.

PetefromRI
07-30-2016, 01:04 PM
Best pool at WDW!

texas211
07-31-2016, 06:35 PM
I don't like the big spread out resorts mostly because I prefer the restaurants and lobby services/transportation to be accessible during bad weather (thunderstorms, heavy rains, etc). I don't like feeling trapped in the room and one of my kids is very scared of thunderstorms and we tend to travel to WDW during months that they are a daily occurrence.

Well, you might consider the premium resorts. They aren't as compact as a WDW resort gets. Even then, some of them are quite spread out.

Alternatively, less attractive option, try DL. No rain there. Though, certainly no WDW.

Disnamic Duo
09-06-2016, 01:01 PM
You won't be sorry. It's a great resort. MUCH better than the Values (IMO).