PDA

View Full Version : Size restrictions at Universal Orlando

Cinderelley
05-19-2016, 03:49 AM
Went to Universal Hollywood and my soon to be daughter in law was too big to fit on the Harry Pottery rides. Does Orlando have the same restrictions? Seems kind've ridiculous in this day and age to not make rides fit larger people.

cspenc28
05-19-2016, 06:27 AM
Went to Universal Hollywood and my soon to be daughter in law was too big to fit on the Harry Pottery rides. Does Orlando have the same restrictions? Seems kind've ridiculous in this day and age to not make rides fit larger people.

I haven't been to Universal for a few years, but I remember when the Harry Potter ride opened, my father couldn't fit in it, he's a big guy, 6'3" almost 300lbs. If I remember correctly, most of the other rides have a few seats specifically meant for larger guests. The dueling dragons ride comes to mind, they had signs directing guests to specific rows.

buzznwoodysmom
05-19-2016, 07:38 AM
Forbidden journey at Universal Orlando does have size restrictions. My brother's father in law was not able to ride it. He isn't a huge man, but has a rather large midsection and the ride didn't "click correctly" and he was asked to exit. I remember reading a lot of reports of guests not being able to ride it when it first opened.

Cinderelley
05-21-2016, 02:36 AM
Thanks guys. I think we will just skip Universal then. I don't want to put her in another uncomfortable situation.

jenperich
09-21-2016, 01:30 PM
I know Universal has test seats at the individual rides. Is there a seat outside of the park to try? I'm just worried about my husband being able to fit. Last time he had trouble getting on Harry Potter and almost had to get off. The main reason we're going to Universal is to visit the Potter lands, so I don't want to pay the money for nothing.

DonaldDuck1117
09-21-2016, 01:52 PM
There is no seat outside of the parks to try, only in front of the ride.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-22-2016, 02:25 PM
We had issues on our most recent trip. We're all bigger people, and DH (shaped like Pooh, with a big middle) was able to go on the HP rides, although where available he used the "larger" seat.

Mom (more average sized actually, but shaped like a girl) wasn't able to fit on Gringott's. She was really, really, embarrassed. I'd hate to tell you not to go on something, but it is possible that fitting will be an issue.

The HP area is wonderful without the rides, if you're a fan of the books/movies, but it would be awesome if they were more size-friendly.

Cinderelley
10-12-2016, 12:43 AM
I know Universal has test seats at the individual rides. Is there a seat outside of the park to try? I'm just worried about my husband being able to fit. Last time he had trouble getting on Harry Potter and almost had to get off. The main reason we're going to Universal is to visit the Potter lands, so I don't want to pay the money for nothing.

That is pretty much how I felt. We all bought tickets just to see the Harry Potter area because she is such a huge Harry Potter fan. We made the most of the rest of the day, but I felt it was a complete waste of time and money