PDA

View Full Version : Flying to Hawaii

mcgoof
05-17-2016, 08:59 PM
Any one flown from New Orleans to LAX to Hawaii . Was it hard to navigate at LAX ? Flying Delta

Fangorn
05-18-2016, 12:06 AM
As long as you're coming in and going out on the same airline, you'll be fine. Delta, i believe, has terminal 5 all to itself.

Steve

Imalismom
05-18-2016, 06:56 AM
Last summer, we actually flew from Houston via Southwest to LAX and then United from LAX to Hawaii. We had to get our luggage from Southwest, walk almost directly across the airport parking lot to the United terminal and recheck our luggage on United. It was not difficult, but I had no children under the age of 22 with me. I had checked the LAX map, knew where I had to go and had a walking plan to get there.

We could have flown directly from Houston, but taking Southwest to LAX allowed us all (4 of us) to fly first class on United, where the first class price out of Houston was out of our budget reach.

Since you will be staying in the same terminal, and not having to recheck your luggage, it should be a breeze for you. If you have a LONG layover (we had 3 hours), you might want to check EBAY and see if you can pick up for Delta club cards, and do your waiting in comfort.