PDA

View Full Version : Best ship

jonahbear2006
05-16-2016, 10:43 PM
I would like very subjective answers and whys. Which is your favorite cruise ship? We've only done the dream. Looking to do a second cruise in late 2017 so the daughter can experience it one last time before she gets kicked out of teen clubs. I would appreciate any guidance. We started with Alaska as the place but I'm finding this is a rather choppy cruise and the wonder doesn't look as nice as the dream was. I was disappointed the first time. Afraid I will be again. Which to try next?

joanna71985
05-18-2016, 08:34 PM
It's really personal preference. I've sailed on Dream, Fantasy, and refurbed Magic. I loved all 3. I would probably go with Fantasy or Magic first (if possible) because they have the longer cruises. I liked the shows better on Fantasy (though I really want to see the new Tangled show on Magic), but I loved the AquaDunk on Magic

baldburke
05-21-2016, 07:09 AM
We've only done two, but we preferred the smaller ship (Wonder) to the larger (Dream). We felt the the experience was better with less people. The pools didn't seem as crowded and Castaway Cay wasn't as crowded, but it might not be everyone's preference. Personally, I could never see myself doing one of those large RC cruises with 6k+ people. Too many people!

disney daddy
07-12-2016, 12:41 PM
Been on six Disney cruises with DW and two DDs, sailed on all four ships. The ships, with few exceptions, are the same. Dream and Fantasy are the newer, larger sister ships. Magic and Wonder are older and smaller, but refurbished sister ships. You are splitting hairs when you ask about the ships and which is better.

Look at the restaurants, see if there is a ship's dining that you'd prefer. Look at the itineraries and ports of call to see what interests you more than the next one. Less people on the ship (Magic and Wonder) means less people on Castaway Cay, but space on Castaway Cay with either size ship is not a problem. There are no wrong answers, you'll have a great time no matter what you choose.