PDA

View Full Version : airport security and magic express bus

special ed teacher
05-16-2016, 11:57 AM
I am hearing that there are many airports that are having long lines for security , and people are missing their flights due to this. Will Magic express change their pick up times to give people enough time to make their flights?

BrerGnat
05-16-2016, 01:08 PM
I have heard about this too. Does anyone know what is causing this?

I do know you can request a specific pick up time with DME rather than taking the one they issue standard. Probably a good idea to do that until this issue is resolved.

faline
05-16-2016, 05:11 PM
I just came out of Orlando last week. I have always dreaded security in Orlando as it was a chaotic mob of people. We had heard the news reports and also had an e-mail from our airline warning us about extra long waits to get through security. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that Orlando was much better organized than we had ever seen before. They had individual lines set up (think of the Disney back and forth lines) and in the midst of these lines had a canine and handler checking all the passengers walking through. The TSA agents were expediting the actual checkpoints. We purposely arrived at the airport three hours, got through the security area quickly and definitely had extra time to spare. (I don't know if this is consistent or we just lucky.)

I believe the long wait times, as reported, are caused by a shortage of TSA personnel as well as more stringent and careful screenings.

momef3grls
05-17-2016, 07:49 AM
We also went through Orlando last week and had few problems. My husband is wheelchair bound so we always leave early because it takes us longer with the additional screening and we still had time to spare. We were speaking with other passengers and shortly after we went through there were problems and took a little longer but not bad. I did feel bad for the military dogs that were with us. TSA gave them and their handlers such a hard time and almost wouldn't let them go. I know we need the TSA but I think they need to be trained better.

Imalismom
05-17-2016, 10:05 AM
I was at Orlando on Both Saturday (coming) and Sunday (going) this last weekend - it was a very quick trip, however, the line on Sunday going through Security was really not that long (it was the normal line) and when I walked past it on Saturday, it did not seem any longer than what it usually is.

The line for ME however was extremely long for leaving the airport...

DisneyFan1979
05-19-2016, 02:03 PM
I flew out of Orlando on Monday 5/9. I did notice that the security line extended significantly further back than usual. However, I don't know how fast the line moved as I have TSA pre-check. If you travel even just twice a year I personally think it's well worth it.

DisneyFr33k
05-30-2016, 11:30 AM
We had a flight that left early - 6am, so ME picked us up at 3:50 (ugh). TSA only had one line open and it was insanely busy and slow going. Every other time we've flown out later, we've had no problems getting through quickly. So maybe if you have an early flight, plan extra time.