PDA

View Full Version : Reusing Magic Bands

DDawg1968
05-16-2016, 11:33 AM
I know that you can reuse a Magic Band from a prior trip, but is there an expiration date? Is there a certain time frame that makes the older band obsolete? We are going in a week and our last trip was March of 2014. We are not getting new bands for this trip as it is a trip thru my daughter's school and we are getting cards for admission and room keys.

ThanxForNoticin
05-16-2016, 12:12 PM
As far as I can tell, the only expiration might be when the battery life runs out in the band.

Priority Four
05-16-2016, 03:17 PM
I was told by a cast member when my daughter bought a custom band that even after the battery dies, the band can still be used at touch points but it would no longer transmit info for automatic ride pix and that kind if cool stuff

Wells
05-16-2016, 04:16 PM
I'm not sure, maybe someone else knows, but I believe you will have to link your new
tickets to your Magic bands.....

Priority Four
05-16-2016, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure, maybe someone else knows, but I believe you will have to link your new
tickets to your Magic bands.....

Exactly. The tix would have to be linked to your MDE. Your band is is probably already linked to your MDE. There is a section that shows active cards and bands. Once linked, the bands and cards can be used interchangeably.

DDawg1968
05-16-2016, 06:39 PM
Exactly. The tix would have to be linked to your MDE. Your band is is probably already linked to your MDE. There is a section that shows active cards and bands. Once linked, the bands and cards can be used interchangeably.

Band shows as "Active" and ticket is also showing on my MDE profile so I guess I am good to go!!!!!

rwdavis2
05-17-2016, 08:27 AM
No expiration dates.