PDA

View Full Version : Paying at the end of trip

Hog
05-15-2016, 05:13 PM
I am taking my family on a trip with 4 separate reservations/rooms all at the same resort. I was wondering if I could just let everyone "charge" everything to the room with their magic bands and I could pay the balance at the end with gift cards.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Fangorn
05-16-2016, 12:03 AM
You can, but be aware that 1) you will need to attach a credit card to each reservation (you can do this via MDE or at the front desk.) In order to have charging privileges. And 2) that credit card will be charged at specific dollar thresholds depending on the level of the resort. $500 for Values, $1000 for Moderates and $1500 for Deluxe.

If you want to use gift cards to pay those charges, you'll want to avoid reaching those automatic charge the card points, by periodically stopping by the front desk and asking to see your balance. You can then, if necessary, use the gift cards to pay down the balance(s). It's easy, but it does take a little bit of extra time. Also, the card (s) will be charged about 1am the morning you check out for any remaining balance, so you need to apply those giftcards before they charge your credit card.

Steve