PDA

View Full Version : Resort and ADR Timeframe

IMADisneyFreak
05-15-2016, 11:17 AM
Hi All!
I have been trying to stay on top of "All Things Disney" since our last trip to Disney World in 2013, which means I visit the message boards a lot! In the few short years since we were last there it seems like there has been so many updates, especially with the Magic Bands being so important.

However, my question is about getting resort reservations and ADRs. I used the MDE site in '13 so I recently logged into that site again and tried to get an idea of the reservation process for a planned return trip in the summer of '17 but it looks like the site only gives the opportunity to look ahead 6 months for availability. If we plan a return trip for June of '17, that means I cannot get reservations at POFQ until January. But if ADRs need to be scheduled at 180 days also, then I am guessing that means that as soon as I get resort reservations I need to immediately try getting my ADRs the next morning? Does that sound right? Is it really that rushed for ADRs? :confused: I don't recall having to do that in '13.

Thanks!

Fangorn
05-15-2016, 12:03 PM
A couple of things to remember

1) Booking ADRs is NOT dependent on having a resort reservation. Anyone can book ADRs 180 days from now whether they have a resort reservation or not.

2) Pricing for resorts is only available through the end of 2016, which is why you can't see availability past then when you look on-line. You can, however, make a room-only reservation up to 499 days in advance by calling Disney direct. You can't do a package yet, but you can book a room if you want and "convert" it to a package later, once packages and prices are published for 2017.

3) Since 2017 pricing isn't set yet, you will be asked to make a deposit of one night + tax using the 2016 rates. Once 2017 pricing is published, you'll be asked to make up the difference in pricing to hold your reservation.

4) The best, and simplest way to do this is to contact Magical Journeys (I highly recommend Karen) and let them take care of it all for you. They'll explain the intricacies of the process and keep an eye out for any applicable discounts that may come along between now and your trip.

Enjoy!

Steve

IMADisneyFreak
05-15-2016, 02:15 PM
Great, thanks Steve! That makes sense. For some reason I was under the impression (most likely due to the MDE process) that everything needed to be related to my account as a planned trip. So I figured I needed a resort reservation to indicate that I was planning a trip so that I could schedule ADRs.

I won't worry about that process now. I will make my ADRs 180 days out based on the time frame of when we will be at Disney and deal with resort reservations at any time.

Thanks!

CynBeth
05-15-2016, 02:51 PM
You should be able to book a package soon. I am pretty sure we have usually booked them 10-12 months in advance.
I would keep checking to see if released. We stayed at POFQ 4 years ago and loved it!

IMADisneyFreak
05-15-2016, 08:17 PM
You should be able to book a package soon. I am pretty sure we have usually booked them 10-12 months in advance.
I would keep checking to see if released. We stayed at POFQ 4 years ago and loved it!

Thanks, now that you say that I do recall making my reservations for the '13 trip sometime in late 2012, but that was just before MDE launched. And I think I will try contacting Magical Journeys just out of curiosity. I usually handle the planning but I am curious as to any discounts they may provide.

I have heard a lot of positive things about POFQ and we are looking forward to staying there!

Fangorn
05-15-2016, 09:20 PM
And I think I will try contacting Magical Journeys just out of curiosity. I usually handle the planning but I am curious as to any discounts they may provide.

I have heard a lot of positive things about POFQ and we are looking forward to staying there!

The great thing about Magical Journeys is that when you book through them, they continue to monitor your reservation, and if Disney releases a discount somewhere down the road that applies to you, they'll apply the discount for you - usually before you've even gotten out of bed.

Steve