PDA

View Full Version : Early Arrival/ Carry Ons

buckethead501
05-15-2016, 10:53 AM
Hello All,
We will be heading to WDW in less than 3 weeks and staying at the AKL....first timer at the AKL and very excited!! Our flight arrives at 11:00AM and will be taking Magical Express. I did online check-in already, but I am guessing our rooms won't be ready (which is fine with us). We are heading to Downtown Disney (Or Disney Springs, whatever its called now) on arrival day to have dinner at T-Rex anyway. Once Magical Express drops us off at AKL, do we check in at a kiosk and then drop our carry ons off at bell services before heading back out? And if we do that, will they deliver them to our room when its ready or do we have to pick them back up when we get back to AKL in the evening?
Thanks!

BrerGnat
05-15-2016, 10:57 AM
Yes, you can drop them off with bell services. They will issue you a claim ticket and when you are back at the hotel in your room, you call down using the room phone Bell Services button and they will bring them up. They won't deliver them without you there, like magical express does.

buckethead501
05-15-2016, 10:59 AM
Yes, you can drop them off with bell services. They will issue you a claim ticket and when you are back at the hotel in your room, you call down using the room phone Bell Services button and they will bring them up. They won't deliver them without you there, like magical express does.

Great...thank you so much!

brownie
05-15-2016, 11:05 AM
It's possible your room could be ready. We've had good luck with that with giving them an arrival time through online check-in.

buckethead501
05-15-2016, 11:20 AM
It's possible your room could be ready. We've had good luck with that with giving them an arrival time through online check-in.

There are actually six of us going and we have two rooms...2 adults, 4 kids and we requested adjoining rooms so I am not holding my breath for them to be ready!!! Last time at POR it was just my wife and I and the room was ready so we stashed our carry ons in the room right away. But maybe a miracle will shine down upon us!!!! It is Disney after all!!

magicofdisney
05-15-2016, 07:36 PM
It could be that only one room is ready. We've often had two rooms with only one being ready at arrival. It's nice to at least have a place to put all your things and then having immediate access to them when you return at the end of the day. :mickey: