PDA

View Full Version : Morimoto Asia Kids Menu Question

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
05-14-2016, 10:16 PM
We are taking an extended family trip to Disney over Thanksgiving this year. The youngest member of the group is 4 years old and is a particularly picky eater. Chicken nuggets are the only option for him at table service restaurants. The Morimoto Asia menu says that they have "karaage drumettes." When I called Disney Dining, the description that was read to me sounded like this is fried chicken. Putting that in context with the word "drumettes" in the name of the item, it sounds like this is a fried chicken leg (i.e., with the bone).

Has anyone ordered this who can describe what it is? If it isn't a chicken nugget, does anyone know if chicken nuggets are available there, whether on or off the menu? Thanks!

Basket Mommy
05-14-2016, 11:23 PM
I Googled "karaage drumettes" and what came up looks like chicken wings. The menu on the Disney Springs website describes it as "authentic Japanese style juicy fried chicken". Your best bet is to call the restaurant directly and ask if nuggets are available.

BrerGnat
05-15-2016, 10:59 AM
Drummettes are chicken wings.

I know Morimoto has items like sweet and sour style chicken. I bet you could ask for an order of that without the sauce. Then, it will be battered chicken chunks.