PDA

View Full Version : Using DVC points to snag a room at the Grand Californian

azcavalier
05-14-2016, 08:47 PM
We have all of our points at OKW, but are thinking about venturing out to Disneyland in the fall of 2017. It appears that the only DVC at DL is at the Grand Californian. How likely are we to be able to get anything? Has anyone here tried that and had any luck?

Basket Mommy
05-14-2016, 11:29 PM
I have tried for months to get a 2 BR at VGC with points for any time of year with no luck. However, if I wanted to hand over 10K in cash, I can pay out of pocket for that same room for any dates I want.

faline
05-15-2016, 02:37 PM
I think it's partially a combination of when you want to be there and what type of accommodations you want. We stayed at the Grand Californian in March of 2015 for a few days before spending the rest of our California trip in San Diego. We were a bit flexible with our dates and were able to book a studio without too much trouble.

dlpmikki
05-15-2016, 08:38 PM
We managed to book a one bedroom for 4 nights in August last year with no problem.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
05-17-2016, 02:50 PM
We used points for a 2 BR there over Thanksgiving week (5 nights, Tuesday - Sunday) in 2014. We booked right at the 7-month booking window and got the room. I'm surprised you are having such trouble given your flexible dates.