PDA

View Full Version : Evening EMH: thoughts?

the other micki
05-13-2016, 11:10 AM
Now that my DSs are teenagers, I think they may enjoy some late nights in the parks. What are your thoughts regarding visiting parks during their evening EMH? I've always avoided parks with EMH and it's worked quite well, but perhaps we're ready for a new experience :)

TIA!

joonyer
05-13-2016, 04:01 PM
In my experience the quality of the EMH hours, at the MK at least, depends on the time of year and the regular closing time. If the park closes at 7, the EMH from 7-10 will still be relatively crowded. but if the park closes at 10 or later, the EMH crowds after that will really get sparse the last couple of hours.
The last time we went to EMH at MK was the day after Christmas in 2014 (most crowded time of the year) and the park closed at midnight, with EMH lasting until 3AM. At midnight the park was still jammed, but within an hour the crowds were really thinned out. At 2:45 a.m. my 18 year old son and I got off Splash Mountain and walked back through Frontierland and Liberty Square and were amazed to see that we were the ONLY two people on the street, except for a lonely CM standing at the door to the Country Bear Jamboree (why it was still open is beyond me).
We saw no guests or CMs until we got back to Fantasyland, where there were still people waiting to ride 7DMT, but even that took less than 5 minutes to board, so we got in one last ride at park closing. It was so empty back there in Frontierland it was eerie, like the park was closed.
With teenagers, I'd say the really late EMH's can be a good time to experience MK with very light crowds, even at busy times of the year, if you can be a late night owl. The other parks don't usually stay open so late, so the evening EMH experience may be different there, but we have always enjoyed the evening EMH's. We love the parks after dark!