PDA

View Full Version : PIN number for magic bands

buzznwoodysmom
05-09-2016, 03:26 PM
Does anyone know if your magic bands keep the same PIN from a previous trip? I did online check in and it states that our PIN is set for all guests in our party. I did not set up a new PIN. Would the PIN from our last trip be linked to this new trip?

birdsell
05-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Yes, your PIN is the same unless you go to guest services or the front desk and change it.

buzznwoodysmom
05-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Oh boy! Now to remember what PIN we used!!!

Basket Mommy
05-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Yes. We didn't set up a new pin on the trip we just returned from and did not go to the front desk when we arrived because we got our room # in a text. We dropped our luggage and went to DHS. We went to charge the tip for dinner and the server asked for our pin. I panicked for a moment, then entered the one from the last trip in November and it worked. Relief!

ThanxForNoticin
05-10-2016, 12:36 PM
This can get a bit confusing - remember, you stuff is stored in your MDE account, and your Magic Bands are linked to that account. It sounds like you haven't changed your pin in your account - so you'll use the same pin no matter how many trips you do - if you don't change the pin in the account.

madhatterrules
05-11-2016, 10:41 PM
I have a question, when do you set up your pin? was it before you received the magic Bands or after? I didn't receive mine yet but I don't remember choosing a pin. Just want to be sure I know it before my trip. Thanks

Fangorn
05-11-2016, 11:11 PM
I have a question, when do you set up your pin? was it before you received the magic Bands or after? I didn't receive mine yet but I don't remember choosing a pin. Just want to be sure I know it before my trip. Thanks

You set up you PIN on your MDE account. Go to My Profile. Then Payment Methods. There will be an option to set (or reset) your PIN.

Steve

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-13-2016, 07:38 PM
You set up you PIN on your MDE account. Go to My Profile. Then Payment Methods. There will be an option to set (or reset) your PIN.

And, if you (like me) forget to do it in advance, when you check-in (either online or in person), you can set it then as well.