PDA

View Full Version : timing

biggins
05-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Hi all, another dining question if anyone can advise. We are going to be in disney the 10th-16 of December this year. I know our ADR's cab be booked around June 3rd I think. We would like to do the dining package for the Candlelight Processional, but I've heard those dates don't come out until July. If I book a couple of dinners in epcot that week, which I would do anyway, is that easier to convert to a CP package dinner or do I have to start from when the dates are released in July and hope to get a package then.
Also, what is a good time to shoot for with your reservation if you need to be done by showtime? I know there are three shows a night (?) and so do the package people know when to give you the meal in relation to the show. Thanks for any information!

Fangorn
05-05-2016, 09:34 AM
You can't "convert" an existing reservation to a package. You have to start over. Last year when we did the CP, while the packages were not available until well past the 180 day mark, there was basically no availability at the restaurants either. The restaurants kept most of their inventory off the market until the dates and packages were released. You couldn't make an ADR for say, LeCellier, even if you wanted to.

As for timing, when you make your package reservation, you specify which show you want. You are then given a selection of ADR times that will have you out prior to the show. For instance, if you want the 5PM show, then you will be given lunch options only - from 11 to about 2:30 at the latest.

Steve

biggins
05-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Thank you Steve!