PDA

View Full Version : Magic Band question???

j2k
05-04-2016, 11:42 AM
I am helping a friend in planning their WDW trip. They are going this summer and are staying at Pop Century. The thing I'm unfamiliar with is Magic Bands. Do they automatically get them with their package? Do they order them? If they have to order it, where do they do that? Is it in MDE? She's lost and can't figure it out. Someone told her she needed to order but she can't figure out where.

Strmchsr
05-04-2016, 12:10 PM
The Magic Bands are automatically sent when you book your vacation usually around 30 days prior to arrival. Your friend should be able to go into MDE and customize the bands with names and colors if she's linked her reservation on her MDE account. The customizing might be what the person was referring to about "ordering."

vicster
05-04-2016, 12:11 PM
You can pick your colors and add names to the bands in MDE

j2k
05-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Thanks!!! The last time we went was Pre-Magic Band (2012) and we're planning to go next summer so I was no help on this for her. But Intercotees pulled through!! :mickey: Thanks Again!!

TheHD
05-04-2016, 02:19 PM
The key is to ensure their hotel reservation is linked to their MDE account.

j2k
05-05-2016, 11:25 AM
Thanks! I spoke with her last night. She said she didn't complete the setup of their MDE account but that she has now done that and she is all set.

brie9877
07-29-2016, 11:43 AM
im also confused on this. my daughter wants one of those custom bands. i have seen you can you decline a magic band. can you decline when you make your reservation, order online then link to reservation when you get it?

ThanxForNoticin
07-29-2016, 12:48 PM
im also confused on this. my daughter wants one of those custom bands. i have seen you can you decline a magic band. can you decline when you make your reservation, order online then link to reservation when you get it?

Yes, you can. Or you can just accept the one Disney sends you, get a second custom one, and link them both to your MDE account - then she'd have 2 bands that would work for her during your trip. I don't know how important that is for you, but you don't have to decline one to use the other.

We've accumulated 5 or 6 of them over the last couple years on trips we've done - my wife keeps getting them in different colors and likes to match her clothes that day! I think the "decline" is more intended for people who already have some of the bands and don't need Disney to send them yet another one.

brie9877
07-29-2016, 01:25 PM
great! thanks so much!