PDA

View Full Version : Resort Playgrounds

lawgirl
05-02-2016, 03:09 PM
We are staying at a Disney Springs area hotel (for the first time ever off-property...omg.) Anyways, is there any policy on non-resort guests using the playgrounds and other areas of the resorts- for example, we love eating at the AKL. We also love the playground and walking around checking out the art exhibits, etc...this time we are not staying at AKL. Is there any Disney policy about the playgrounds being only for resort guests? We've never had any issues but I'm curious. I know the pools are for resort guests only, but curious as to the playgrounds and transportation too, actually. Is there any "policy" about the WDW buses being only for WDW guests? And are people staying at Disney Springs considered "Disney guests"? Thanks!

mechanic
05-02-2016, 05:10 PM
People will come down on both sides of the bus service issue. I consider the busses public transportation for all disney guests. There is nothing wrong with visiting the resorts and letting the kids "preview the play areas" just not the pools. The play areas are seldom in use anyways.

BrerGnat
05-02-2016, 05:30 PM
The buses are definitely for everyone to use, not just WDW resort guests. Disney is very clear on that point.

The playgrounds are technically for resort guests, but as you said, they are never crowded and we have used several playgrounds at resorts that we were not staying at.

lawgirl
05-03-2016, 10:36 AM
I figured the buses wouldn't be an issue...and I guess we would somewhat be considered Disney resort guests if we stay at a Disney Springs hotel. And my kids are relative quiet and small, so I feel like especially if we have reservations at Sanaa or Jiko that it wouldn't be that big a deal to play on the playground. Thanks for the response!